One more regular season show to go ,let the predictions rip

My math says 10 years. They have not been within 2 points of the Bucs, with the exception of Clifton 2006, and that was seen as a fluke, at the time. Just sayin.

Cabs were something like seven tenths behind the Bucs at Prelims in 2007.

• Like 1

From my experience, "local shows" helped corps morale, it was more enjoyable to have friends and family in the stands. Some shows were hostile out of the local scene for us.

Did it affect scores, no, I really don't think at all. I can think of one local one where we got dumped and there were repercussions for some people afterwards, and an away show we got heartily booed at until their faces turned blue and we won.

Judges know the deal. They'll look at the performance. They know whose Moms and Dads are at the show. If that local fan base lifts a corps' morale/intensity and helps them in their performance, yeah, that'll help the number.

The reverse can also be true. Knowing you're headed into the camp of the biggest opponent can also drive up morale/intensity as well. We'll have to see.

Umm, as for DCP being 'satirical' by the way...

I write satire now and again on another writers group, and I've never felt myself being satirical here without being painfully obvious. :exclamation:

if you look at a map though....it's not exactly like Hawthorne and Fusion's home base are all that far away...and then you have C2 right up Rt 222.

Cabs were something like seven tenths behind the Bucs at Prelims in 2007.

And were .65 away from them in 07 at the Clifton show. Just looked it up to see the Prelims score and saw the Clifton score too. The point still stands however.... it's been a long time since Bucs have had some real competition. I'm sure they're fired up for it.

Edited by androidx2

if you look at a map though....it's not exactly like Hawthorne and Fusion's home base are all that far away...and then you have C2 right up Rt 222.

True. The thing is, I've noticed, and maybe it's because they like the same kind of seats that I like, that a lot of Bucs Alumni people travel pretty well too. Kinda like the Nebraska Cornhuskers "traveling well" in College Football.

"Cornhuskers"= Bucs Alumni. I see what you did there.

True. The thing is, I've noticed, and maybe it's because they like the same kind of seats that I like, that a lot of Bucs Alumni people travel pretty well too. Kinda like the Nebraska Cornhuskers "traveling well" in College Football.

Who's going to the Brigdeport show tonight ? any one going to do a live report as the show goes on ?

Actual scores (and difference from my prediction) in bold:

And these are my predictions. Bear in mind that I was off by an average of 2.50 points per corps with my guesses for this weekend!

Big Sounds in Motion (Reading)

O1. 94.50 -- Caballeros 94.25 (-0.25)

O2. 94.35 -- Buccaneers 93.70 (-0.65)

O3. 91.45 -- Fusion Core 92.35 (+0.90)

O4. 89.60 -- Cadets2 89.35 (-0.25)

O5. 84.40 -- Carolina Gold 82.05 (-2.35)

A1. 84.05 -- White Sabers 84.60 (+0.55)

Fanfare 2014 (Bridgeport)

O1. 85.75 -- Bushwackers 90.10 (+4.35)

O2. 83.80 -- Sunrisers 83.50 (-0.30)

O3. 82.70 -- Hurricanes 83.75 (+1.05)

O4. 78.40 -- Windsor Regiment 79.75 (+1.35)

O5. 74.55 -- Skyliners (n/a)

A1. 72.10 -- Excelsior 71.85 (+0.25)

Well, we shall see.

Well, I did rather better than in previous weeks, with seven of eleven scores guessed within a point, most of them at Reading. I won't be making any predictions for Prelims, but I will be attending that show, my first live look at DCA corps this year.

• Like 1

ANY ONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO SKYLINERS ?

Funny you say that they where listed on the hurcs web page for this show ?