Will BD 2014 go down as one of the greats?

Maybe. It might be remembered as a show with FAR more depth than the competition, performed extremely well (again, FAR cleaner than the competition), and having a plethora of design/effect variety. I think the show will be remembered as a show that was never going to not win: a Finals outcome that wasn't "how will they win or will other corps close the gap" but more "how much bigger will the spread be?"

I think it is a fan-friendly show, and while some will always have problems/be bitter with how high the show scored (and some will always argue about the validity of perfect Effect and Visual scores), but I think it will generally be remembered well, and respected

I was simply responding to question asked. "Will BD 2014 go down as one of the greats?" In my opinion it won't go down as one of the greats..... neither by their own very high standards or the standards of many past winners or some runners up. I didn't mention anything about who should have won. I refuse to get dragged into that futile discussion.

• Like 1

Bluecoats stole the show in 2014. Good score but not an All Time Great Show. I don't remember much of the show. ( tamborine dance and crippled guy that's it!)

• Like 1

BD 2014 has become my most listened show in the off season. Didn't expect to like them this much after the season ended. Their shows have a special thing for getting better and better the older they are.

Bluecoats stole the show in 2014. Good score but not an All Time Great Show. I don't remember much of the show. ( tamborine dance and crippled guy that's it!)

I agree about the Blue Devils show.

The crippled guy stole the show for me. The tambourine thing got bonus points for me after the end of the season when I saw what the movie did. Good copy. Good show. Best score ever.

Eh the Bluecoats were good but they have to do a lot more than a pitch bend to steal the year for me. Their version of hymn of axciom lacked emotional content by the end (it actually sounded much more lyrical and flowing in the beginning of the season) compared to OC and the show itself was a little repetitive overall but that's the nature of the source music.

BD's show had so much more emotion and depth musically (I'm not really going to go into the visual parts of either BC or BD because they both weren't really anything to get excited about and than the z pull at the end and the rotating like for BD).

Bluecoats were amazing. It was my favorite BC show yet and probably my 3rd favorite show overall this year. But I still would put BD over BC this year.

• Like 1

Wow. As soon as you said (I read) 2003, I thought of Spin Cycle. Then, it was Phenomenom of Cool. I guess I didn't "connect" with Phantom that year like you did or, as you claim, the majority.

As someone who attended finals that year, the reaction for Phantom was an order of magnitude above. The last 60 seconds of that show, as well, brought audience members to their feet long before the last note.

Blue Devils 2014 - Will go down as one of the greatest shows of all time. Remarkable design and integration coupled with a legendary level of performance. Thank you BD for pushing the envelope a bit farther. Even if this show had not broken a 99, it still would be one of the best of all time.

• Like 2