Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

hopefully no sarcastic dissonant versions of Conquest

I suppose this would depend on the show theme they select ( dark styled again ? )... but on the whole, I'd agree, and hope so too.

OK 2014 is in the books. Congrats to the kids, staff and admin and all the fans who believed in BAC (and not the Boston Area Crusaders). The 75th anniversary year is here. What will it bring? What should it bring? Is this the stepping off point for the future (or continuation of 2014)? What are the expectations? I for one want to see the corps grow from 2014. It was a ballsy BAC year and I expect to see more. Thoughts?

Captain Castile. John Williams.

Moody Blues nights in white stain. Moody Blues.

Danny Boy. celtic woman.

Conguest ED Denon 1970 VFW national.

• Like 1

Right. E.Hampton took over from O.Carmenetes in 2010? 2011? Has the percussion program improved ? Doesn't appear to be according to scoring. His act is wearing thin.

The percussion is heading in the right direction. Ellis had a great book for the kids this past summer, and if he is still on board, look for them to continue to improve.

Right. E.Hampton took over from O.Carmenetes in 2010? 2011? Has the percussion program improved ? Doesn't appear to be according to scoring. His act is wearing thin.

Scoring trends are one thing, but isn't the talent of the members part of the puzzle? Can a finals placement be dumped on the instructional staff of any musical section?

I just hope they spend the majority of the show looking forward, not backwards. As pleasing as the latter might be (to fans, that is) I would be concerned how it would affect their scores. Coming off 10th in 2014, they certainly don't want to risk falling out of Finals in their anniversary year.

• Like 1

I just hope they spend the majority of the show looking forward, not backwards. As pleasing as the latter might be (to fans, that is) I would be concerned how it would affect their scores. Coming off 10th in 2014, they certainly don't want to risk falling out of Finals in their anniversary year.

Any corps celebrating a major anniversary can still be competitive if a good design is executed well. With all the changes in DCI recently and those that may be on hold for the time being, and with no assurance that DCI will be around in the year 2040, never mind those who marched 60 years ago, next year might be the best time for the Crusaders to honor the corps history. This may be old news, but for many, no corps has survived the tough times like the Most Precious Blood Hyde Park Boston Boston Crusaders.For many years, it was the alumni, instructors, friends, and members, who kept the corps solvent. Members who also taught the corps. Alumni and parents who put their homes at risk without telling their families. If any corps could get the fans extremely excited, have their souvie sales possibly go through the roof, it might be the BAC doing a tribute show.
  • Like 2

Any corps celebrating a major anniversary can still be competitive if a good design is executed well. With all the changes in DCI recently and those that may be on hold for the time being, and with no assurance that DCI will be around in the year 2040, never mind those who marched 60 years ago, next year might be the best time for the Crusaders to honor the corps history. This may be old news, but for many, no corps has survived the tough times like the Most Precious Blood Hyde Park Boston Boston Crusaders.For many years, it was the alumni, instructors, friends, and members, who kept the corps solvent. Members who also taught the corps. Alumni and parents who put their homes at risk without telling their families. If any corps could get the fans extremely excited, have their souvie sales possibly go through the roof, it might be the BAC doing a tribute show.

I know I am in the minority here...I don't want them to do a tribute show.

• Like 4

I don't expect a "greatest hits" show for the 75th and while BAC values tradition, it is not in a sentimental or nostalgic manner. Now I do not expect to see BAC fall from finals next year. For one thing the corps was young or at least looked young when I saw them up close (perhaps I'm getting older and that's why they look young) and many associated with the corps praised the members' talent, so if they keep these people and are successful in recruiting to fill open spots, they'll be finalists again. However, if you look at their most successful shows: 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009, 2011, 2012, they have been more traditional shows, so while they should not necessarily look back, following what worked in the past while incorporating the innovation and creativity of 2013 and 2014 would be a great formula.