Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Remembering my former neighbors and many friends in the "Irish Riviera," viz., Scituate and Marshfield.

(For drum corps folks, that's between the 'Saders contest site in Quincy and the BHOF show and parade in Plymouth. Very nearby are Rockland which gave us Holy Family Defenders and Pembroke which gave us the Pembroke Imperials.

A number of DCI corps visit this South Shore coast on the Fourth of July, such as 7th Regt. doing the Hingham parade.

Very nearby are Rockland which gave us Holy Family Defenders and Pembroke which gave us the Pembroke Imperials.

Rockland (47 John Burke Dr.)was our home from 81 'til we moved to SWUT in 2010. The Imperials won the VFW Nationals in 73 and finished 2nd, behind the Cavies, in 74.

Pete Carroll has them sleepless in Seattle, while in Boston this afternoon, the Boston Police Dept put out this tweet :

" Tire pressure should be checked in cold weather. Low temps lead to deflation and unfair competitive advantage for drivers "

Pete Carroll has them sleepless in Seattle, while in Boston this afternoon, the Boston Police Dept put out this tweet :

" Tire pressure should be checked in cold weather. Low temps lead to deflation and unfair competitive advantage for drivers "

cool

Not to start an argument of whose team is better, whose ego is bigger...

But this Giants/Jets fan would like to mention that Pete Carroll, during his time as coach of the Jets was my neighbor. Not only is he a phenomenal person and family man but was quite generous in our community, church activities (although he attended another) and helped arrange for some funding for someone who marched drum corps from the area. He was also helpful in releasing facilities for some practice sites during his too short tenure.

When he coached USC, he weekly spent time mentoring kids in Watts who didn't have resident fathers. He also developed a program where his athletes began to tutor in the same area of L.A., bettering their own and others' academics.

Quality person in so many ways. I just hate snarky reputation baiting to make some fan's ego seem larger.

Good luck to Crusaders and the anniversary show at Kraft's temple in Foxboro. I hope you can get him to lower the parking prices from the exorbitant costs that facility charged for the previously held DCI championships. Almost $50 per car!!! Giants/Jets Meadowlands only charges $5 per car for drum corps contests and band shows, different from their game day prices. By far Kraft's parking lots were the most expensive on the national drum corps tour.

Edited by xandandl

Not to start an argument of whose team is better, whose ego is bigger...

But this Giants/Jets fan would like to mention that Pete Carroll, during his time as coach of the Jets was my neighbor. Not only is he a phenomenal person and family man but was quite generous in our community, church activities (although he attended another) and helped arrange for some funding for someone who marched drum corps from the area. He was also helpful in releasing facilities for some practice sites during his too short tenure.

When he coached USC, he weekly spent time mentoring kids in Watts who didn't have resident fathers. He also developed a program where his athletes began to tutor in the same area of L.A., bettering their own and others' academics.

Quality person in so many ways. I just hate snarky reputation baiting to make some fan's ego seem larger.

Good luck to Crusaders and the anniversary show at Kraft's temple in Foxboro. I hope you can get him to lower the parking prices from the exorbitant costs that facility charged for the previously held DCI championships. Almost $50 per car!!! Giants/Jets Meadowlands only charges $5 per car for drum corps contests and band shows, different from their game day prices. By far Kraft's parking lots were the most expensive on the national drum corps tour.

Pete is a great person and a great coach. $30 for parking is high but its going to be a great time worth the $$.