MADISON SCOUTS 2015

I am not that excited about spats anymore in today's visual demand. I honestly like the all white uniform. I am just over the short sleeves. I know the music will be good, I just want an elite visual program on the field.

Any chance Jamey Thompson will follow KCM to Scouts?

I can't wait to see what James Sparling can do now that he's been given the keys. I hope we have grabbed one of the up-and-comers at just the right time. Personally, I think we have.

Yay, another Ohio person!

• Like 1

here's what I hope for.....

Madison picks something that thrills fans, but doesn't feel beholden to live up to mythical past shows such as 91-97, 99, 82-83,88 etc.My biggest issue as a fan has been watching Madison try to please those who want the past redone, and realizing in DCI you need to move forward. 2013 was IMO the closest they came to merging the two demands placed on them, which often conflict.

Just be Madison. Why did 2010 work? It wasn't super deep and it connected to fans. same for 11 and 13. the talent pool in DCI has never been greater, so wearing all white leaves you open to visual issues being magnified.

• Like 1

2010 was all Madison standards but not the most difficult musical book.

I would like to see them pick some music that is deep mysterious and exciting! I think the perfect suggestion or selections in that manner this past season was what the Bluecoats did with Tilt. I must admit it was some bad ### music!

• Like 1

As far is peeling off our faces Madison just can't do that anymore and expect to score high if anything they will be counted off for that musically. We can play the game and still be the Madison Scouts, but the rules of the games have changed. As I said it in earlier statement we can't hate the players that win, hate the game.

• Like 1

Madison should announce they're gonna do a western show, thereby forcing Troopers to abandon that theme and go with something else. Everybody wins! Then a few months before the start of the season Scouts announce they've decided to not do a western show after all, rather they'll be doing something more in the

Madison style. But by then it's too late for Troop to change and they proceed with their Bartok show.. Everybody wins again!

I did all this without the assistance of any mood altering medication.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 3

I only know this... if the Madison Scouts do a Christmas Show, or a show revolving around a long ago Italian filmmaker, or an outer space themed show featuring frisbees, trampolines, and exotic costuming, they will find themselves quickly exiting the TOP 12.

The current DCI judging community, most of whom have AARP discount cards in their personal wallets, grew up with the Madison Scouts. While they might say they value something out of the ordinary, when push comes to shove, they have certain expectations in shows from the Scouts, and if the Scouts do a show on jungle Iguanas or some exotic themes of faraway forces of nature, or some such, they will play right into the hands of Cesario and his Crew that really doesn't want that sort of thing from the Madison Scouts ( or even the Troopers ) no matter what they say publically. Cadets, Phantom, SCV have all done rehashed themed shows of late as a redo, and it did not hurt them score wise or placement wise in the least. The Madison Scouts should never... EVER.... do a silent, soft ending to their show, as the judges will simply not allow that from a Madison Scouts as it unnerves them from a 50 year image they justifiably have of this particular Corps. My guess, the new staff recognizes this, and that the Madison Scouts will ditch this failed foray into " going soft " with the ending of their show, and will do a Madison Scouts show, and ending that is classic Madison Scouts. Then like all the non G7 corps, its just a matter of cleaning it, and executing it. Thats my 2 cents worth of advice to the Madison Scouts anyway.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

I only know this... if the Madison Scouts do a Christmas Show, or a show revolving around a long ago Italian filmmaker, or an outer space themed show featuring frisbees, trampolines, and exotic costuming, they will find themselves quickly exiting the TOP 12.

The current DCI judging community, most of whom have AARP discount cards in their personal wallets, grew up with the Madison Scouts. While they might say they value something out of the ordinary, when push comes to shove, they have certain expectations in shows from the Scouts, and if the Scouts do a show on jungle Iguanas or some exotic themes of faraway forces of nature, or some such, they will play right into the hands of Cesario and his Crew that really doesn't want that sort of thing from the Madison Scouts ( or even the Troopers ) no matter what they say publically. Cadets, Phantom, SCV have all done rehashed themed shows of late as a redo, and it did not hurt them score wise or placement wise in the least. The Madison Scouts should never... EVER.... do a silent, soft ending to their show, as the judges will simply not allow that from a Madison Scouts as it unnerves them from a 50 year image they justifiably have of this particular Corps. My guess, the new staff recognizes this, and that the Madison Scouts will ditch this failed foray into " going soft " with the ending of their show, and will do a Madison Scouts show, and ending that is classic Madison Scouts. Then like all the non G7 corps, its just a matter of cleaning it, and executing it. Thats my 2 cents worth of advice to the Madison Scouts anyway.

That's absolutely ridiculous. Do some corps have strong identities? Sure. But doing a show out of a corps' identity is not going to hurt their score in any way. The only reason it would hurt their score would be if the staff weren't capable of teaching the style effectively to the members. General effect is general effect, and the corps that's performing the effect doesn't make a difference (well, other than execution scores). It's all in the show design.

• Like 2