Bridgeport, CT FANFARE NO BS REVIEW!

i dont mind the 80s drill. i guess my issue is from when i marched. it just got old seeing yeat another exhibition stand there in an arc. heck. some of them needed a dress center command to judge a two step interval. ( you have one job!!!) so maybe its just me. i just had an idea of a throwback to keep where we came from alive.

And I concur, if you're going to relive it, then do it right or not at all.

They do some movement, but they're patterned after early 80's stuff, so it's not todays drills. I don't mind standstills, in fact played in one from 2002 until this past April. Honestly, with some alumni corps, they move and shouldn't.

With Bayonne, musically it's not bad. the comedy's bad. Do the Schtick that made you famous, and if you do, don't fight the Civil war giggling through it on the field

• Like 1

Chris,

Thank you for the review of the Westchester Brassmen. We have been working very diligently to produce a mature sound. I agree, the baritones were playing quite well that night. We are performing throughout the Westchester County/Rockland County area over the next 2 months before our season winds down...feel free to look us up...http://www.westchesterbrassmen.com

Also, we are just days away from celebrating our 30th anniversary...September 7th....Glad you enjoyed the show.

Sure thing. Ill keep your website in my bookmarks.

<snip>

I appreciate Chris Holland's comment and intention, but I doubt we would be received any better than the Bridgemen Alumni were at DCI East. Apparently their reception was not what they expected from what I have heard and read, despite the fact they represent a beloved former DCI corps. That's a shame, because they are really good and very entertaining.

<snip>

It's surprising to hear that, all other feedback I've heard was that Bridgemen were very, very well received at East.

Edited by CuriousMe

It's surprising to hear that, all other feedback I've heard was that Bridgemen were very, very well received at East.

those that stayed I'm sure responded well. a large majority of the crowd was leaving