Championship Wknd Predictions: Ready, Set, GO!

speaking of celebrations... where does everyone go after the show? or does one just bring a cooler to the lot?

i think Fusion has a great show, but I don't think it'll be clean enough to top the other three. Even though I've not seen Minnesoatah, the amount of hardons here for them seem to say they'll be more exciting than a redneck's snow tire shopping spree.

I also predict a baby will be born about 9 months from now due to someone being granted a championship.

Mom and dad were just happy dad made finals lol

• Like 1

If you want to have a beverage with your first ever drum corps brass instructor, find the Bucs Staff bus.

Golden Lancers reunite!

You sir, can count on having a beverage with me on sunday. booyah.

• Like 1

and then some corps who just was granted said championship... will then have a hole to fill. DOH!

based on that logic someone already had a hole filled!

• Like 2

well it not like the drill was that hard. womp womp.

• Like 1

They're here all week, folks.

For better or worse. :tongue:

Thank you... thank you.

This,from Rebecca Karu,Cadets 2 major, makes for a great match-up this weekend: It was posted on C2 public website.

RebeccaKaru_PPLPark_drummajor2014_C2.jpgCadets,

I love saving this for finals weekend.

You have grown so much this season, and to think that the final push is already here, well...

The end of the season is full of mixed emotions. We are excited for all the great things happening this weekend like the banquet, the corps necklaces, our final push of rehearsals, and obviously our last two performances.

On the other hand, we are upset that this is the end. Like Rich has been saying, this is a fast-moving train, and all of a sudden there are no tracks.

But I have one last request from all of you: Fight like hell.

It's all a mental game. Being tired is mental; hot weather is mental. It's all a mental game. Don't think about things that don't matter. If you think you want to give up, don't, because every single one of you is capable of pushing a little harder and giving a little more. Don't think about the negative; think about the positive. How great do you want this show to be?

It's up to us. It's 100% us.

We know the music, we know the work, we know the show. It's our show.

We are the one and only 2014 Cadets2. And each and every one of you should be proud because you are Cadets.

You have 4 more days of rehearsal.
3 nights to sleep next to your closest friends.
2 more times to put on the Cadets uniform and max out our last 2 shows.
1 more weekend to spend with with the 2014 Cadets
2. You are it.

This is the last weekend to stand next to the same person in the snare line or the hornline. The last time to ever perform with the same group of people ever again.

But you have forever to be a Cadet. Represent us wherever you go. Take the lessons you've learned this season and apply them to your life.

You are Always a Cadet.
We have 1 weekend left.

How hard will you fight to make this show as great as it can be?

• Like 1

. Curious what will happen if Hurcs win Best Guard at Prelims, but don't make it into Finals.

That happened in 1983 with the Rhode Island Matadors...DCA let them compete in Finals as an extra corps so their guard could compete for the title