DCA Weekend - who is watchig at home?

Not the year for us to make that 6 hour up (and 8 hour back*) drive to/from Rochester and sit in a stadium for 2 days so staying home. Have the DCA FN set up and just bought the Finals add on. Even juggled the home schedule so the only corps I'll miss live is when when my 81 year old dad comes over for Saturday lunch. (Was going to supper with him after Prelmis but hit a conflict :shaun: ).

Even bought a cheaper laptop (aka our hotel bill LOL), HDMI cord and wireless mouse to watch. Also got the wireless setup in our house chugging. First thing we learned was we should have bought a laptop a long time ago......

Have seen interest about DCA online on DCP but not sure who signed up.

So (if you don't mind) who else will be DCA'ing via the computer this weekend?

* 8 hrs back - travel via US-15 and the stretch between Bucknell/Lewisburg and where 15 loses the traffic lights can take between 20 minutes and 90 minutes depending on on time of day Labor Day Monday. And hitting the delay can make the trip above Harrisburg Hell depending on construction and later day traffic.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Well, Jim, I'll be watching on FN. As I've grown older, I have become more lazy, less tolerant of crowds, and hassles in general. I can well afford to attend things like this, I just choose not to. Actually, we now rarely attend live special events of any kind! I am MORE than satisfied with using FN for both DCI and DCA. Add in a lifelong fascination with college football, a new, 65 inch ultra high-def TV that makes everything look better and I'm more likely to 'stick around the house' than ever before! I realize such a response won't sit well with everyone, but I'm quite happy. I'll be there in spirit, though! Just that my method of supporting drum corps is significantly changed.

• Like 2

Sounds like you go to the movies less too Fred... :tounge2: (know we don't)

We have done Prelims at home twice so far due to parents going thru problems. Just not emotionally "up" for going and too far away if anything hit the fan. Missed seeing our DCP and other friends but wasn't worth the worry. Now it's how many days will it take for us to recover physically and is it worth it. Will miss being with our Lancer group and seeing our Internet friends but... as our bodies change we have to make changes in our lives. And yes, it's still supporting the activity....

65 inch.... would have to sit back in the hallway as our living room isn't that big.... :tounge2:

I'll be watching! Since Chops isn't making the trip this year, a bunch of us are getting together to watch the live stream.

This is only the second time since 2005 I won't be there in person, so I'm glad to have this in-home option :cool:

Edited by Spandy
  • Like 2

really, REALLY want to be there live this year because of the 50th - not entirely sure we won't just jump in the car and make the trek at the last minute....

but more likely we'll just set up FN, sit by the pool and enjoy the festivities long distance.

Watching. DCA weekend isn't very active toddler friendly

Jeff,

Eat less sugar, better timing with your liquid intake, have a better diet, do a few laps around the track before taking your seat and I am sure you will be better behaved to enjoy the shows. :-p

oh i'm not the problem, I mean my wife has been going to shows with me since 2002 LOL. Sadie however well....she doesn't have the ability to sit still. She doesn't have the ability to not toss and turn all night long in her sleep. trying top keep her still will not make her happy, which in turn means it won't make anyone within 20 rows happy LOL

Did DCA prelims only my last few years up north 07 and 08 where my last 2 years live ,Did FanNetwork last year here in Florida ,doing it again this year .bought the package not sure i'm adding finals to it .

Be rooting for the two SUNS Sun Devils class A ----- and Sunrisers Open Plus hoping for a win by Minn.Brass love their show this year over Cabs n Bucs .

Edited by Florida Sun