Why doesnt DCI allow fans to vote?

What not have a fan favorite announced at finals each year? Vote all summer long and give a fan favorite trophy at finals. It would have no impact on the actual competition. It would be similar to NASCAR's fan favorite vote.

What not have a fan favorite announced at finals each year? Vote all summer long and give a fan favorite trophy at finals. It would have no impact on the actual competition. It would be similar to NASCAR's fan favorite vote.

If they ever do decide to incorporate some kind of fan voting into the typical DCI season, this is exactly how I see it unfolding. And I'd be perfectly fine with that.

I love the idea do an end of the year Fan Favorite, but I'd also be curious to see the results of two shows: Atlanta and Allentown, with Allentown giving an award for the favorite of both nights. I went to Atlanta this past season and I felt like a fossil. Everyone over the age of 23 was old compared to that crowd. The enthusiasm of the crowd was contagious. I'd love to know the favorites of the high school/college crowd at this show. Allentown has the most varied crowd age wise and includes everyone from casual observer to old school expert.