Thank you open class!

What a great year!

I have just finished watching the whole open class finals!

I love open class! Every show was a winner from top to bottom! I can't begin to express how many things I loved. From the drum tuning of Spartans and Genesis to the wonderful rendition of Grand Canyon Suit by Music City to the tremendous low brass of Gold! Not to mention all the others like 7th Regiment, Vanguard Cadets, Lgends, Colt Cadets, Raiders and Les Stentors. Thank you Patria for coming from Guatamala!

I am so proud of my son in BDB and all the other corps also.

Thank you and good luck next year!

• Like 1

I agree.. Open Class was fantastic this year! Each year the corps keep getting stonger and larger giving students of all ages an opportunity to march regardless of time restraints and financial strains of a WC corps. Bravo!

Big shout out to Vanguard Cadets as I have been a big follower of them over the years. I dig the back and forth wins and losses between them and BDB. Makes it fun to watch and not already knowing who the victor will be unlike WC. More "volitile" I read somewhere in Open vs World.

Good Luck to all corps in 2015

Nuts said: Big shout out to Vanguard Cadets

​and I have to agree. That drill by Myron was truly kaleidoscopic and so beautiful to watch both in Open Class and in their World Class at Indy appearences. Well done, VC.

Shout out to BDB, what an energy filled show! SCVC didn't disappoint either, beautiful! Great surge by Genesis - your show was very cool - can't wait for your show next year!

Congrats to all the open class corps. You all put in long hours in some extreme weather conditions to entertain - and you did just that!

Oh Myron wrote their drill? No wonder they had such a mature visual program.

I really loved Spartans drum break. nice writing and the tuning is so open. Genesis had such a great show.

Vanguard Cadet's show is the one I'd have to pick as my favorite, though BDB is right up there with it. Really makes me think about the late 1990s and early 2000s Vanguard in terms of visual design and concept, in ways. Definitely looked like a Myron Rosander visual book. It had some dirt, but an Open Class corps attempting his stuff? Of course there will be. He always pumps out some insanely difficult stuff as of late, 2006 Madison Scouts, 2010 Phantom Regiment, 2012 Blue Stars. Does he still do handwritten? That's a dying art, and his stuff is very distinct and unique, he's always been one of my inspirations while attempting to write some of my own drill. And what a fantastic color guard, the color scheme was gorgeous.

And what a beautiful music book, Kaval Sviri, How to Train Your Dragon, a little Phillip Glass, a fantastic listen for the drive to work or when I'm studying. Very emotionally engaging and easy to listen to.

Myron's drill is still handwritten, then it's put into pyware.