Seeking Bridgemen 85 video

I have been approached by someone who wishes to surprise his parents who both marched in the 1985 Bridgemen.

Would you know if a video of their performance exists in any form, from championships week or any performance that season?

Since they weren't in finals (26th place with a score of 63 and change) they are not on the FN.

Northern Thunder or anyone, any leads or contacts?

Thank you.

You aren't the only one that I've seen looking for that video. I don't know anybody who has one, but I would think that given the unique nature

of that show there have to be a few out there. I know I have (or at least I had) an audio from DCI that year.

Get a hold of somebody from the Bridgemen Alumni, and I'm sure they can point you to one.

Edited by Northern Thunder

Brian,

I have contacted the Bridgemen alumni and await their reply once they return from Rochester DCA's.

DCPer "Garfield" believes he may have one and has also the means to reproduce it.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Now as a bonus question for your time and efforts, can you name the only four U.S. States in which the (Holy Name/Garfield/Bergen County/Allentown) Cadets have NOT YET performed in their 80 years?

I will give you a hint,

Alaska and Hawaii are two of them. (The states of confusion, depression, ecstasy are not the other answers at this time.)

Now as a bonus question for your time and efforts, can you name the only four U.S. States in which the (Holy Name/Garfield/Bergen County/Allentown) Cadets have NOT YET performed in their 80 years?

How about North Dakota and Vermont?

And if not North Dakota and Vermont....how about North Dakota and Montana?

Edited by Northern Thunder

North Dakota and Montana are the correct answers.

The corps has competed in White River Junction, VT back in the pre-DCI days and in Portland and Damariscotta, Maine even after DCI was formed.

Although the corps has done shows in the State of Washington, the usual DCI tour is set up from the Northwest corner to then go to Idaho, onto Utah, and down to Casper or Cheyenne and then DATR in Denver, sometimes Loveland. So poor Montana keeps on getting skipped. And in North Dakota, fracking has an entirely different meaning from most corps.

I once did an article for DCW about the worst state to live in if you wanted see a junior corps contest. North Dakota was the only state in the lower 48 that didn't host a junior corps contest during the DCI era. Fargo, ND was home to North Force in the 1990s, but they never hosted a contest. The senior corps up there always competed in state Legion and VFW contests, however.

• 2 months later...