Especially For lindap

I just got home from the Minnesota State Fair, and they have a brand new heritage center/museum.

On the wall (as part of an exhibit of marching bands, drum & bugle corps, etc. that have performed at the fair since 1859) was a photo of the Alberta Girls Drum & Bugle Corps, taken at the fair in 1974. I know Linda was with the corps after that time, but I thought it was interesting that they did a concert there. I was working in radio at the fair in 1974, and I never even knew they performed that year.

Thank you Brian for helping us piece together the 1974 puzzle. The ladies had 4 tours that summer. Debbie G allowed me to scan her tentative schedule. One of the tours is below. She wore a tee shirt she bought in Ithaca 1974 at DCI finals 2007. I'll tell her the news of Minnesota State Fair next time I see her. Thanks again.

1974-doc-1-40_zps1a7383bd.jpg

I hope the weather was fine when you stood in line :)

• 4 months later...

That's great! I didn't realize they were here for a Minnesota Vikings game performance.

And yes......the weather was very nice. That helped contribute to the HUGE crowd.

It takes time for me to respond. My apologies. The weather here is cold now. Frozen is amazing. Very Cool! HUGEst crowd for me was 60,000 in Amsterdam 1977 half time show during a football game between Liverpool and Barcelona. We were overwhelmed.