FINALS NIGHT

I have to say between the video broadcast being a bust(people are demanding refunds) and the lack of info on DCP. and the DCA site...this may be one of the worst DCAs ever communication-wise......Rochester is my hometown...ive marched more than a few DCAs .......it sure seems like theyve dropped the ball this year

• Like 1

If anyone in Rochester wants to meet, I'll be at both the Alumni show and Finals wearing a Boston Crusaders 2014 tee shirt: the black one with the big white pig's face on the front and "All Animals Are Equal..." on the back. Also the right side of my face, especially my neck, is now a bright shade of red. For the morning show, which is general admission, I'm planning to sit as central and high up in the lower section as possible. For the evening show, my seat is 108 C 7, which is low and somewhat left. (Today I was high and a bit right.)

For whatever reason, there seems to be a tradition in DCA of letting the eleventh-place Open Class corps perform in exhibition at Finals. Announcements during Prelims did specify that Sundays' show would include a corps in exhibition. Whether that means Sunrisers at the top or Star United at the end or something else altogether, I don't know.

Staaar Uniiiiited CLAP CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP

• Like 1

If anyone in Rochester wants to meet, I'll be at both the Alumni show and Finals wearing a Boston Crusaders 2014 tee shirt: the black one with the big white pig's face on the front and "All Animals Are Equal..." on the back. Also the right side of my face, especially my neck, is now a bright shade of red. For the morning show, which is general admission, I'm planning to sit as central and high up in the lower section as possible. For the evening show, my seat is 108 C 7, which is low and somewhat left. (Today I was high and a bit right.)

ill be at both. look for the dude in the madison jacket.

You guys on here really need to get over the 11th place corps doing the exhibition ,its DCA s choice to do it not the corps ,And for you to put them down for it says very little about you.How long has DCA been doing this ? Rather than make coments that they have no right doing an exhibition and putting the corps down ,How about you all call Gil Silva and make your complaints know to him ,instead of the corps .

Edited by Florida Sun

I don't think anyone is really putting a corps down, whether it's 11th or 12th place. Everyone understands the logic of having "filler" after all is done, they are just stating many peoples belief that if you don't make finals, you don't perform at finals.

Sorry I missed you this year!!!

Spent most of my weekend in the press box.

• Like 1

Although a lot may not care. Here is what I think. (Finals Exhibition's)

YES the MINI CORPS Winner should be one!!!!!!

DCA missed a chance Last year to change the EXHIBITION spot thing. I think "Heartliner " should have done it. Coming all the way from Germany in Europe. Save a spot for the HIGHEST placing NON North American Continent (That did not make either Finals) Seeing these Corps from Japan, Great Britain, and Germany would be a Treat for them and the Fans. Showing DCA a "REAL World Wide" Contest. The Fans would get to see these, AND others. Corps that many here in the USA would never see otherwise. Then IF a Non North American Corps came, Fill the spot with an ALUMNI Corps. Have one of the Alumni that does a Full Field Show. Also make sure that it is one that has Not done it for the 2 years Pryor. Or something like that.

I do think it would be Good for ALL. Showing ALL, the different things that DCA has to offer from a World Wide Championship. Weekend

• Like 1

One possible obstacle to an alumni corps doing the exhibition in that Finals time slot...

I know several of the corps, or least a decent amount of members from those corps, head for home after they perform on Sunday morning/afternoon.

It would mean another night's stay for them.

Of course, if a corps knew far enough in advance it was doing the exhibition, then that corps could make those arrangements.

Just spit-ballin' here. :tongue:

• Like 1

DCA missed a chance Last year to change the EXHIBITION spot thing. I think "Heartliner " should have done it.

I can't say that I'm an authority on the matter, but I thought that the word was Heartliner declined. Their members were more interested in being in the stands to see the top corps.

Again, I can't confirm this info, it's just what I heard.