Any one take in the DCA musuem ?

any one check out all the things DCA had collected .

Well Gary I guess that's why no one replyed to this thread .no one knew where it was ?

On Saturday, as I was heading over to the I&E events, I took the stairs rather than the elevator down from my hotel room and found myself passing through the second-floor lobby outside a banquet room. There were a few tables with some poster-board photo collages but I didn't pause to look closely at them.

Sounds like the set up for the World DC Hall Of Fame that we saw last year. But no idea about this year.

NE what you saw in the hall was the HOF display that was set up. It was not the museum... for the Hall of Fame banquet and the 50th Anniversary Gala on Saturday night which had some 500 attendees... we did indeed set up a museum at the far end of the banquet room and it went over very well. Di and Tom Meek were in charge of displaying uniforms from many of the corps who helped define the 50 years - These were hung from the ceiling very effectively. Throughout, there was media shown on two giant screens that were prepared by Don Paluh, DCA's official photographer... and I collected memorabilia from many different people and displayed over 8 tables of the history of drum corps. I also brought in the Drum Corps Heritage Foundation people and Dennis Cole set up a historic display and Roman Blenski provided an amazing collection of "bugles" through the 50 years (and a few even older)...

While much of the material was on loan and has been returned to the owners, a lot was donated permanently and all of that material has been preserved by the Drum Corps Heritage Foundation. In addition to their board which consists of Dennis Cole, Kevin Gamin (Gadget) and long termed Blue Devil/Renegade Jeff DeMello... Roman Blenski, Steve Vickers and I have been asked to serve on the advisory board.

My thanks to all who participated - especially those who donated...

Highlights of the display included uniforms from all 4 non-North American corps who have competed over the years... Heartliner from Ludwigshaven Germany, Kidsgrove Scouts from Kidsgrove England, Inspires from Yokohama Japan and the first to come over the pond, DCUK's Alan Thompson's Southern Knights, from Brighton England - Southern Knights also provided their International Champions Flag from 1990 which became a centerpiece of the museum.

I also joined with many who got an education from Frank Dorritte on the history of the instruments... wow... does he know his stuff...

The entire championship was a bit subdued by the passing of Red Corso during the previous week. Red as I'm sure you all knew had been DCA Treasurer since 1974. The Gala and museum were something he asked for and planned. The place of prominence among the uniforms was saved for Red's personal Matador uniform and sombrero.

Thanks Red...........................................

• Like 4

Several hundred guests enjoyed the museum throughout the weekend, particularly the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame people who were given access on Friday evening during the cocktail hour before their induction ceremonies.

One of the highlights for me was the display of DCA recordings assembled by Glenn Kubacki, the audio afficianado who revitalized the Fleetwood catalog.

We are all grateful for the efforts of Tom Peashey and his friends in putting together this presentation. It was first-class all the way.

While I'm sure it was a very nice presentation, it could have been enjoyed by many more fans if it had even been MENTIONED over the PA, at least even once, at the stadium. Throughout prelims, Alumni Spectacular, and Finals, there was absolutely NOTHING about it, what it was or where it was by either the announcers, a poster or two in the souvie area, or on the stadium screen. To be honest, I had completely forgotten about it but at least the mention of it and where it was, would have probably motivated me to visit.

• Like 2