OPEN LETTER TO THE 2014 SUNRISERS

I like these ladies and gents. I'm sure they'll come out accepting nothing less from themselves than awesomeness.

Do IT Sunrisers.

Edited by C.Holland
  • Like 1

There are many GREAT band programs on Long Island. Copiague, Mineola, Sachem, Brentwood, Malverne, Huntington, et al.

All of these districts have strong marching band programs. It is a great idea to get out to these NYSFBC shows to gain new members.

• Like 1

There are many GREAT band programs on Long Island. Copiague, Mineola, Sachem, Brentwood, Malverne, Huntington, et al.

All of these districts have strong marching band programs. It is a great idea to get out to these NYSFBC shows to gain new members.

Long term, the corps is going to need to get DCA shows out onto the Island (a DCI show or two wouldn't hurt) to expose the kids to the activity.

Video is fine, but it doesn't do the trick.

I was sold for life at a LI Circuit show in Babylon in 1963 at which Skyliners did an exhibition.

You need to get drum corps up in their faces to sell it.

One of the reasons that the corps went Massapequa, Mineloa, Hempstead, Massaqpequa, Brooklyn, Edison NJ, Toms River NY, etc. was chasing people that understood the activity.

Band is great - but not the same.

• Like 1

Since Sunrisers already have people from Brentwood ,Sachem .Mineola ,Copiague all ready on staff plus Johnny Otto who teaches god knows how many other high school bands on Long Island ,and Bob Vitti from Port Chester .There ranks should be over flowing with kids trying to get in.It would be nice if they could do there field show from this season at the Long Island Championships ,just go out there and blow there faces off show the other kids what there missing ,your not gonna be judged so like I said BLOW THEM AWAY

other bands in there area that are completive

Deer Park

Babylon *

Port Jefferson *

Bayshore *

Lindenhurst *

Garden City

Foral Park

Huntington

Walt Witman

all but 2 of theses are in Suffolk county

* not sure on these but still I'm sure you can get members their .

Edited by Florida Sun

I want to personally wish the Sunrisers the best of luck with their new music arranger JD Shaw. He is a great arranger! I am glad that I had an opportunity to write for the corps for a year, and would still hope to believe that I gave you what you needed for that short time.

Donny

• Like 2