WWI and WWII shows

so im sorry i do this but im trying find show that have something to do with history, specifically WWI and WWII, Thanks!

Blue Stars 2009 "The Factory" Great Show! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHtPiUlRhzA

"Blue Stars' 8th place show, "The Factory," took a peek at the domestic contributions to the World War II effort in America, where it was stressed that everyone was valuable to success in the conflicts on either side of the world. A wall stretched across the left 40 yards of the front line was emblazoned with historic photos of women working sewing machines during the early 1940s. Those women were responsible for sewing items such as military uniforms and parachutes."

Cascades 2005- "Aerial Symphony" has a section about the Red Baron and other aerial combat.

Cadets 1995 also has a lot of World War II imagery involved.

I wish someone would do a WWI show, would have been better this last season with the centenary happening August 1. Maybe a show memorializing the ANZAC troops at Gallipoli? Did occur between April 1915-January 1916. So works with the 2015 season.

• Like 1

This is the best answer

bluecoats 95

but also see:

'92 Cadets "To Tame the Perilous Skies" was inspired in part by the Battle of Britain

'95 Cadets "An American Quintet" is also about WWII and contains "Swing Swing Swing" one of my all time favorite things ever put on the field

Edited by Super Don-O
  • Like 1

I wish someone would do a WWI show, would have been better this last season with the centenary happening August 1. Maybe a show memorializing the ANZAC troops at Gallipoli? Did occur between April 1915-January 1916. So works with the 2015 season.

Definitely agreed. Perhaps 2018, with the centenary of the end of the war, will see a WWI show?

Definitely agreed. Perhaps 2018, with the centenary of the end of the war, will see a WWI show?

WWI didn't have as much of a "sound track" as WWII. National radio broadcasts and widespread recording technology weren't really around yet. Most popular music of the period was probably making the rounds in vaudeville and other stage shows. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

After "Over There" and "Pack Up Your Troubles In Your Old Kit Bag" the list of songs gets mighty thin

Edited by Super Don-O

Off the top of my head for WWI songs "Goodbye Broadway, Hello France" and "Long Way To Tipparary". Only remember because heard corps do them in the past for Color Presentations. And yeah, very few recordings from the era as about only method of recording was right to disk and no tape technology. And no real commercial radio until ca 1920 KDKA in Pittsburgh. (Reason why there is a station starting with K east of the Mississippi.)

Interesting.... Saw a good bit of national news about 100th Anniversary of start of WWI. Not a bit on 75th Anniversary of start of WWII on Labor Day...... Was home that day so did I miss something????

Edited by JimF-LowBari