2015 Shenandoah Sound Recruiting Booth At Woodbridge Show

Join us at the recruiting booth at the Woodbridge Viking Invitational Band Festival at Woodbridge High School 3001 Old Bridge Road Woodbridge, Virginia 22192 Read the rest of the article here.

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2014/09/2015-shenandoah-sound-recruiting-booth-at-woodbridge-show/

If you're looking to build and bring in fresh talent, Steel Valley, Allegheny, North Hagerstown, and TOB West Maryland/VA chapter championships (in hagerstown this year) would be good places to put up a table for recruiting.

• Like 2

If you're looking to build and bring in fresh talent, Steel Valley, Allegheny, North Hagerstown, and TOB West Maryland/VA chapter championships (in hagerstown this year) would be good places to put up a table for recruiting.

http://windi.njatob.org/share/seasons/969eb4e6-4b90-11e3-b586-000c29b67c50?Name=Value

Huh. A couple years ago, when I suggested that DCI and/or Ohio corps ought to have a presence at OMEA state competitions (13,000+ students and their parents), several people responded that there was no point, since marching band kids already all know about drum corps. Based on those replies, I guess Shenandoah Sound must be wasting their time with this effort.

TOB Shows have been very generous to us over the years. In the last few years, we've had booths at Chapters and a couple local shows in Chapter V (Liberty, Walksersville). We'll be hosting tables at some other upcoming band shows. We also had an ad in Walkersville's program last week (my old HS).

• Like 1

Huh. A couple years ago, when I suggested that DCI and/or Ohio corps ought to have a presence at OMEA state competitions (13,000+ students and their parents), several people responded that there was no point, since marching band kids already all know about drum corps. Based on those replies, I guess Shenandoah Sound must be wasting their time with this effort.

They really don't. Whomever said that is a seriously over-assuming fool who didn't want to put the time in. Especially in OH where most folks think of band as OSU tidbit and guess what- really don't know diddly about the Coats for the most part.

• Like 1

Good luck, Shenandoah. Great to see the corps is still around.

Gotta "love" people who think if they do nothing, people will still beat a path to their door. Hanover is at a local HS band show in the near future. If it works, it works.... and keeps the corps going....

Good luck Shenandoah Sound....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

There are tons of KMEA shows, TOB, Cavalcade....etc. Get your butts there and put up a table. Put up a nice banner, show some video, and get your song and dance ready about how amazing your group is, how they need fresh talent, and how great it is to be a part of a weekend corps.

The ones who say "its a waste of time" don't need to be associated with the corps. FIRE THEM NOW. If they aren't willing to buy into and advertise the program they are a part of, they don't need to be a part of the program. If that's the negativity within their own ranks then they need to do some house cleaning and remove the plague infecting their organization.

I dont care how much hate mail i get for this statement but its true, if you're aren't willing to help build a program, then you need to get the hell out of the organization and let them fill your position with someone willing to help build it because you are not worth a second of the board's or the members time.

Edited by C.Holland
  • Like 3