DCA 2014 Scores Announcement

Also.... according to the scores listed for that season, Bushwackers beat the Caballeros at least twice in 1990 prior to the championships, and tied the Cabs for first at a show in Derby, CT, the weekend before the championships.

That was the show that made me decide to take a ride the following weekend. Went on Saturday, couldn't find anyone to go with on Sunday.

I'm not contesting your position - although I admit to being skeptical. Wondering where you got your facts - statistics? From DCI? Surveys?

Curious.

Having been to many DCI and DCA shows this season I've encountered more mom's and pops at Allentown, Chester and Rutgers shows specifially and was unfortunate enough to purchase tickets near what appeared to be several marching band that occupied whole sections. I'd probably not do that again. Most of those around me have never seen a drum corps show live but a few parents who may have marched 20 plus years ago. And then they announce all the guest schools in attendance. It was a hefty number. As for the DCA shows I went to most in attendance were alumni who were around me. All of whom wore their corps jacket or corps paraphernalia proudly. And laughingly appeared to know at least one person marching in every corps there. One or two claimed to have taught a corps or two while another claimed to have judged. A much older demographic in general but quite a few more young adults in attendance as well. That was actually very promising. Edited by lovindrumcorps
  • Like 1

Wouldn't you question the results when a crowd comprised mostly of experienced drum corps people show such disapproval?

A bunch of folks in old corps jackets booing the results will never change my opinion of what I just saw.