Human Sinusoidal Wave

I'm not sure I could see it as either a Zingali or Gaines move though you never know what Zingali would have done today and with some of the Cavies maneuvers during the Gaines years, only Cirque de Soleil was more limber.

Based on the past few years shows, I would say that Crown would be the most likely to attempt such a maneuver with a possibility of Cavies. Phantom would also be a possible choice, maybe Cadets, but I would rule out Blue Devils. Yes it would be clean, but to do it correctly it would have to be more regimented than what I associate with BD. Crossmen and BAC would be possibilities too, maybe even Madison.

• Like 1

Based on the past few years shows, I would say that Crown would be the most likely to attempt such a maneuver with a possibility of Cavies.

Anyone could attempt this since each mm would only be doing five (or whatever number the designers wanted) deep knee bends quickly. This one basic body movement can be utilized in so many different ways I'd imagine. It could be used just like collapsing domino's that go in several directions at once.

The original video was not this fast. This animated gif has been sped up quite a bit.

I know but to get the effect, it needs to still be done fast (just not as fast as the gif). Getting something like that to look clean is still pretty difficult as the members have to take into account how much they are bending down and how fast they are doing it.

Anyone could attempt this since each mm would only be doing five (or whatever number the designers wanted) deep knee bends quickly. This one basic body movement can be utilized in so many different ways I'd imagine. It could be used just like collapsing domino's that go in several directions at once.

Attempt may not be the best word choice, I was thinking more of style. This maneuver reminds me a bit of what we saw with Crown in 2009.

• Like 1

Something somewhat similar was done in 97 Madison at the end of the ballad...looked like a rolling wave moving across the sea.....fantastic (and a great lead-in to the closer).

That was a really effective drill move!

Vanguard did something like it in this year's show.

http://youtu.be/cSmzyw718-Q?t=1m58s

-starting at 2:02

Edited by Lincoln

Lol, hostrauser. Pretty funny...and in an odd way, pretty impressive.

It couldn't escape my mind what Zingali would have done with this. Most probably accomplished along an 80-yard company front...then back again. Sort of a "sinusoidal pull" (which is not to be confused with a polite way of saying "picking your nose."

That's not funny. Really, it'snot...

Something somewhat similar was done in 97 Madison at the end of the ballad...looked like a rolling wave moving across the sea.....fantastic (and a great lead-in to the closer).

This was what I was thinking of when I asked if this move had been done before. Thanks!