Pacific Crest and Blue Devils Team Up in SoCal Clinic/Audition

Great NEWS!

This is going to make SoCal an even stronger area for kids interested in learning about and trying out for drum corps!

It's great to see drum corps team up and share resources for the activity.

The tie between BD and PC is a natural fit, IMO. I'm sure they'll both learn a ton from each other, and the performers and activity will get the benefit.

Congrats to PC and BD!

• Like 2

Yes, more collaboration like this please.

• Like 3

Is it really great news for Pacific Crest?

It seems more like a win/win for BD and BDB. Blue Devils won. BDB tool 15th place and a Open class Championship. Pacific Crest took 20th. I could see the young ringers that would normally go to PC going to BDB. That would move BDB to 13th or 12th and PC to 25th.

I could see a young talented musician saying BD and BDB both have a 70% chance of winning a Championship and 88% chance of winning a medal. I'll go Blue!

I hope Pacific Crest has a great organization with a great fun environment. I hope this works out for them.

• Like 1

Is it really great news for Pacific Crest?

It seems more like a win/win for BD and BDB. Blue Devils won. BDB tool 15th place and a Open class Championship. Pacific Crest took 20th. I could see the young ringers that would normally go to PC going to BDB. That would move BDB to 13th or 12th and PC to 25th.

I could see a young talented musician saying BD and BDB both have a 70% chance of winning a Championship and 88% chance of winning a medal. I'll go Blue!

I hope Pacific Crest has a great organization with a great fun environment. I hope this works out for them.

IDK; if we're being honest the young ringers are going up to BD anyway. Blue Devils don't need help recruiting and I think many PC members have gone on to Blue Devils anyway. This is very cool of BD to collaborate with PC, and if nothing else I suspect this will just bring in a LOT more students to the clinic, thus netting both corps additional money

• Like 1

If you can't make it up to Northern California go out for PC. There are a lot more BDB kids in A corps now. It is the feeder but to have yet another one is great too. BD is just trying to grow the activity as a whole all around the world. I think it's great for everyone.

Consider the thousands of young men and women that try for a spot in Blue Devils or Blue Devils B and don't make it in, there is no downside for Pacific Crest. This is an opportunity that supports the Drum Crops community in California in a very positive way, not just one organization. PC is a quality organization and I think this helps them reach a segment of potential marching members that otherwise might not consider them. This may help re-grow DC in California and else ware, love this.

• Like 1

I think of the sentence: "If you want to be successful, find someone successful and do what they do."

The interesting thing to me is that that expression works both ways in this case.

And the activity benefits with more exposure to marching-age kids.

A "Two for One" camp? Brilliant.

• Like 1

Didn't the Crossmen and the Cadets do this for several seasons before the sale, I mean relocation to San Antonio?

The Cadets and Cadets 2 have been doing this for the past two years and have it scheduled in Pennington, NJ again in November.

• Like 1