DrumScorps...for all mobile platforms!

I'm excited to announce that my DCI scores app, DrumScorps, will be coming to ALL mobile platforms (Android, iOS, Windows) in the coming weeks and months. I figured I would start a new thread since the last one (found here) was geared towards the Windows Phone app and may have deterred some people from joining the thread. The apps will be FREE, with perhaps some ads to help me recoup the costs of development.

Development is well underway and I expect the Android version to be finished in 4-5 weeks. The iOS version is a little further behind as I'm still in the process of acquiring some tools I need to finish development. Of course, the Windows Phone version is already available. One new feature you can expect to find on all platforms will be leaderboards! I received feedback from several Windows Phone users requesting this feature and I am happy to say it will be up and running once the 2015 season rolls along.

I'm hoping to enlist 10-15 people each for Android and iOS to use as beta testers to help me work out the kinks before I release the apps to the wild. If you're interested, just send me a PM and once the apps are ready, I'll send you some further info.

And as always, I am looking for any feedback on features you'd like to see in the app. Thanks!

2uh1w69.png2i7mpg1.png

• Like 3

I'm glad you're making an app for Android. I just had a few questions for you. How soon after the events will you be posting scores to the app? Also will you be including recaps as well or is this just scores only?why you're offering the app for free I'd be willing to pay for an upgraded version if I had a decent way of viewing recap scoresthat are more for mobile phones.

Scores are available in the app within 5-10 minutes of them being posted on dci.org. Currently, within the app, there are total scores only, although this may change in the future. But the app does provide a link directly to the dci.org recap page for the particular event you are viewing.

I'm excited to announce that my DCI scores app, DrumScorps, will be coming to ALL mobile platforms (Android, iOS, Windows) in the coming weeks and months. I figured I would start a new thread since the last one (found here) was geared towards the Windows Phone app and may have deterred some people from joining the thread. The apps will be FREE, with perhaps some ads to help me recoup the costs of development.

Development is well underway and I expect the Android version to be finished in 4-5 weeks. The iOS version is a little further behind as I'm still in the process of acquiring some tools I need to finish development. Of course, the Windows Phone version is already available. One new feature you can expect to find on all platforms will be leaderboards! I received feedback from several Windows Phone users requesting this feature and I am happy to say it will be up and running once the 2015 season rolls along.

I'm hoping to enlist 10-15 people each for Android and iOS to use as beta testers to help me work out the kinks before I release the apps to the wild. If you're interested, just send me a PM and once the apps are ready, I'll send you some further info.

And as always, I am looking for any feedback on features you'd like to see in the app. Thanks!

2uh1w69.png2i7mpg1.png

Now THIS is excellent! You're deploying on almost every platform, which is pretty much EVERY platform out and with an installed user base. (No Firefox OS, or Ubuntu Phone)

Great job!

Yay! I'm a droid and I couldn't be happier about this :)

Thank you.

Edited by luv4corps