BlueStars 2015 "Side Show"

brians

I was expecting like 3 objects. Not like 6 or 7. Geez. They also posted a pic of the contortionist. Looks like we'll have various types of performers in the show.

Can't wait for the comparisons to Star.

• Like 1

LaCrosse members of BoD had problems when a former director of the corps (and past poster on DCP) somewhat made those comparisons and moved the winter camps from the snowbelt north to Indy State Fairgrounds where the corps has stayed ever since although the director moved on. He's helped 3 DCI finalists find their niche. Hope he's been feeling well of late.

LaCrosse members of BoD had problems when a former director of the corps (and past poster on DCP) somewhat made those comparisons and moved the winter camps from the snowbelt north to Indy State Fairgrounds where the corps has stayed ever since although the director moved on. He's helped 3 DCI finalists find their niche. Hope he's been feeling well of late.

The BoD was unanimously behind my decision to move winter rehearsals to Indiana.

• Like 3

The BoD was unanimously behind my decision to move winter rehearsals to Indiana.

Sorry, I mixed stories of one that happened with a predecessor of yours. There was a reaction when they moved to a previous Indiana site, no? No slight intended to you, BoD, or corps. The older we get the more historical factoids clutter the decreasing mind. Have a great season. Still hope he is feeling well of late.

Edited by xandandl

Sorry, I mixed stories of one that happened with a predecessor of yours. There was a reaction when they moved to a previous Indiana site, no? No slight intended to you, BoD, or corps. The older we get the more historical factoids clutter the decreasing mind. Have a great season. Still hope he is feeling well of late.

No slight taken. Just correcting information. I've had the job for a decade and first moved rehearsals to Indiana in the spring of 2007. To my knowledge the corps had not rehearsed in Indiana prior to that.

im pretty excited to see where michael shapiro takes this.

I can imagine the use of the straight jackets from 2010 and make siamese twins somehow, back to back, tossing a flag or something up over their head and having the other catch it, doing somersaults, etc.

I'd also like to see someone swallowing fire, although I don't think it's allowable to light things on fire on the field :D

But the very nature of what a "Side Show" was back then normally involved freaks of nature. I really doubt the Blue Stars are going to start parading around marchers dressed up with severe disabilities. The finger-pointers would have their head.

So for those hoping for a "dark show", I'm not really sure what that would be like. We're not going to see bearded women, pig-face woman, the camel girl, Tom Thumb, 3-legged man, or even siamese twins. They're not going to risk hurting the sensitivities of others for a drum corps show.

However we may see juggling, fire and/or sword swallowing, trapeze flipping, things like that.

We'll just have to wait and see for ourselves where they take this idea.

Anyone else have any predictions of what we might see?

And for those here that DO know, keep it to yourself for now, admittance has to be paid to see the Side Show with our very own eyes :-P