Thompson joins Atlanta CV Design Team

Atlanta CV Drum & Bugle Corps has made a key addition to their design team for the 2015 season, naming Jamey Thompson as their new Visual Designer.

“Being named to the design team for Atlanta CV represents an exciting new challenge for me as a designer,” said the long-time veteran of the marching arts. “Atlanta CV has been a very solid competitor with strength in every caption. They are poised to join the upper-ranks of DCA, and I hope to be part of helping them realize their full potential.”

Thompson, from Chicago, Illinois, has been involved in marching band and drum and bugle corps for over thirty years. In addition to his new role with Atlanta CV, he returns for his fifth season with WAMSB Champion Calgary Stampede Showband, from Calgary, Canada. He was Visual Designer for Phantom Regiment from 2005-2007 and 2011-2014; Madison Scouts from 2003-2004; and the Glassmen from 1997-2002. Previous DCA credits include Connecticut Hurricanes from 2008-2014 and Empire Statesmen from 2001-2006. Marching band projects include programs throughout the United States, including bands in Illinois, Indiana and Texas. Jamey graduated with a B.B.A. from Loyola University Chicago and worked in not-for-profit accounting and arts-management before dedicating his time exclusively to the pageantry arts.

“We are thrilled to be able bring someone of Jamey’s talent and experience aboard to help us continue to raise the level of design we provide our members” CV staff coordinator Alan Armstrong stated. “His experience in both DCI and DCA bring a unique perspective to the corps which will fit well with our commitment to entertain while challenging our members to reach the pinnacle of their potential as performers”. CV’s Executive Director, Dr. David Stollberg said of the new addition “Jamey has a strong visual design resume added to our already talented design team. We welcome him on board Atlanta CV.”

Thompson added “It’s a privilege for me to be a part of Atlanta CV for 2015. I look forward to working with the designers and caption heads to create a unique and exciting program that is true to the corps’ identity while also bringing my design ideals to the table.”

Atlanta CV is in full preparation for their 18th season. The annual Membership Weekend is scheduled for December 13-14, at a location to be announced soon.

IMG_7910_edited-1-300x220.jpg

Jamey Thompson brings over 30 years

experience to the Atlanta CV Design Team.

http://atlantacv.org/2014/10/01/1439/

Edited by AtlantaCVMktg
  • Like 2

Ive always said if you want to know a race horses handicap check his Past results.

Jamey Thompson has a rich history of pulling corps from behind in placements and pulling them up several spots. EVERY corps he has been associated with that I researched on corps reps indicated that the first year he was with them they leaped up in placements. That cannot be a accident. He even has a DCA title with Empire Statesmen in 2004 and a couple of 2nd place nods to boot. Pretty impressive.

I would say Atlanta CV stuck gold here! Good luck Atlanta CV!

Hes a great educator. I'm certain he'll be awesome.