BD sets out to conquer the world.

A BD homer with a name as strange as mine included this comment in a DCA post. I thought it might be of interest here.

"They are following in the footsteps of the Blue Devils, who have visited Europe, Japan, Venezuela, South Africa, and Taiwan with members of the corps, and several other countries for staff-led clinics. Their international travel has been so successful they have added a completely new 100-member ensemble specifically for this kind of travel..."Blue Devils International", and will make a trip to Europe in 2015. A bit of information on this venture can be found at theBlue Devils International page." (Kama, DCA Predict., page 3, post 22.)

Luxemburg and San Marino, watch out!

Edited by xandandl

A BD homer with a name as strange as mine included this comment in a DCA post. I thought it might be of interest here.

"They are following in the footsteps of the Blue Devils, who have visited Europe, Japan, Venezuela, South Africa, and Taiwan with members of the corps, and several other countries for staff-led clinics. Their international travel has been so successful they have added a completely new 100-member ensemble specifically for this kind of travel..."Blue Devils International", and will make a trip to Europe in 2015. A bit of information on this venture can be found at theBlue Devils International page." (Kama, DCA Predict., page 3, post 22.)

Luxemburg and San Marino, watch out!

Interesting that you mention 2 micronations (& tax havens)... lol

Edited by jjeffeory

Re: Interesting that you mention 2 micronation & tax havens... lol

If I had mentioned Monaco with Monte Carlo, SCV's bingo operation might feel insulted. If I had mentioned Andora, the same there at Mt. Diablo. :wow:

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I live in Luxembourg. I would LOVE to see BD come here!

It would be a good place to visit. Music is a big part of the culture here. All the little towns (and I do mean *little*) have brass bands.

Luxembourg is also less than 2 hours away by bus from the World Music Contest in Kerkrade, in the Netherlands.

Also, the drinking age is 16.

Edited by leif
  • Like 1

This looks like BD's answer to C2. Same age limit (25), but going one better with an international touring focus.

I would think this would take a bunch of talent out of BDA, since 18 is the minimum age. They are taking a chance with this.

I think this is brilliant from both an artistic and business perspective. If the BD are known all over the world based on their appearances there, the fundraising possibilities go through the roof.

To field a Drum Corps that performs at a very high level...it cost money. The more you keep your art and business is up to date and relevant, the healthier your organization will be. If my goal is to attract international talent, then I have to market internationally.

Takingittoanewlevel.com

I wonder if there will be similar units created by other DCI or DCA corps in the coming years, or DCE for that matter. Removing the needs of competition would allow them to be take more time to explore each idea. You know, that "repeating phrases" thing that's so popular everywhere else in performing arts... :tounge2: So if you could get three units doing half hour shows, you've got a new performing art, basically.

For this year I imagine they'll do exhibitions at DCE shows.