Best Closers Musically, Visually, Overall.

No one's following your format.

Hah. I didn't think anyone would but it was worth a shot.

Also...

Visual: SCV '88 (I liked this ending much better than '89)

Star '91 (cross to cross) and '92 (some people think it was cheesy, but seeing it live the first time was one of the most amazing thing I'd ever seen).

Musically: sorry, I'm gonna have to go with Devils "When a man loves a woman" '92. Made me stop being a hater.

• Like 2

Phantom 2003 had a great ending - at least from a musical standpoint. There were some drill bits that were nice (and seemed quite difficult to do at the pace they were moving). They got the crowd on their feet well before the ending.

Visually? Aside from some drill bits, the big push/Canon reprise at the end was kind of odd. Phantom comes out with this music that gets your pulse racing yet visually, not so much. The horns form a giant triangle that slowly rotates towards the front of the field, the percussion section starts lining up on the left had side of the field and the guard starts lining up on the right hand side of the field. Then these two lines of Mellophones/French Horns march backwards through the triangle to get to the right hand side. I just thought it was kind of strange.

Then they do the crab step with the rotation at the end - that got the crowd roaring even more.

Edited by Lincoln

I'm going to make my own categories

Best Endings After the Ending:

'87 Garfield

'88 Devils

'11 Crown

Most Crowd Pleasing Endings

'92 Devils

'92 VK

'95 Madison

'08 Regiment

Also...

Visual: SCV '88 (I liked this ending much better than '89)

Star '91 (cross to cross) and '92 (some people think it was cheesy, but seeing it live the first time was one of the most amazing thing I'd ever seen).

Musically: sorry, I'm gonna have to go with Devils "When a man loves a woman" '92. Made me stop being a hater.

• Like 2

Overhyped, in my opinion.

Agree....the loudest audience response Bloo received was not the pitch bend, but the dude diving off the ramp at the end. And, interestingly, their battery didn't play a note for roughly 3 minutes and 20 seconds during the Teng ballad.

And, interestingly, their battery didn't play a note for roughly 3 minutes and 20 seconds during the Teng ballad.

BRASSO has mentioned once or thrice how the Cavies won one year and their percussion section went to the back right touch line (for you soccer fans) for several minutes.

Edited by Ghost

Agree....the loudest audience response Bloo received was not the pitch bend, but the dude diving off the ramp at the end. And, interestingly, their battery didn't play a note for roughly 3 minutes and 20 seconds during the Teng ballad.

Probably because their battery wasn't necessary during the ballad. Most corps have their batteries sit out during ballads. Having people ram notes just doesn't blend with lyrical ballads. Unless you're Phantom, then you try and shove a ride cymbal part into New World Symphony.

• Like 1

Probably because their battery wasn't necessary during the ballad. Most corps have their batteries sit out during ballads. Having people ram notes just doesn't blend with lyrical ballads. Unless you're Phantom, then you try and shove a ride cymbal part into New World Symphony.

Oregon Crusaders disagree with you and I do too. Their version of hymn was much more powerful with the battery than Bloo's version without.

Anyways, let's get back on topic here.