Cadets 2015

Ibex...

What!???!!!!

First off, yes it is multi-layered, never been done before, and complex, perhaps multi-dimensional

BUT

I thought the Cesario mandate stated shows were to be entertaining (are you thinking a Phantom death?), relatable to the audience, and suitable for the youth performers in this family arena. The source music is rather bland, even droll and dry. Although frenetic at times, focus often seem scattered in umpteen directions, some even in conflict.

I am not even sure the judges would get it. :shutup:

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Yep, lose the narration and incorporate a kick-butt drill to the Schoenberg arrangement of the Brahms Piano Quartet.

For sure!! Maybe not innovative or risky, but great arranging and performing

Especially considering the velocity and physical environment of their drill while they playing at that level of quality.

BT.

Especially considering the velocity and physical environment of their drill while they playing at that level of quality.

"Yep, lose the narration and incorporate a kick-butt drill to the Schoenberg arrangement of the Brahms Piano Quartet. "

Unfortunately, no new (younger) voices were added to the Cadets' design team this year but the same, tired, now almost geriatric triad of Hopkins-Bocook-Sacktig. Given that the new sheets do not reward difficulty per se, their previous comments about velocity drill (since these new sheets were enacted) makes this fan very skeptical whether we will ever see its return in Cadet colors.

Not too well discussed outside the corps family was the disapproval and great dissatisfaction voiced by the '14 membership at Johnstown this past Spring training upon being told by Hopkins that he and the duo had rethought the faster ending the corps had been set to use to end the show during second tour; rather he kept the same staid approach; yes faster than Lincoln's Portrait but by no means a z-pull or similar quick march. Instead we got "Oprah" and a sagging Capital. Me thinks the tiger will not change his stripes. I look to be wrong about this.

Edited by xandandl

I'll be on the conference call tonight announcing the 2014 program

They have a very talented core of vets that should be returning for 2015 - so I'd expect something difficult and a bit different

We'll see!

also I'd suspect a very percussive driven program - last year the battery was a bit lost back field - I don't think they'll make that mistake again, expect them featured front, center, early & often

• Like 1

so - show is very difficult and I personally love the selection

and for those interested - no narration - just tough music and a whole lot of movement

• Like 1