Cadets 2015

I was on there too. I'm hopeful that this will pacify some of the critics of the recent programming. I'm sure some will figure out some way to make it a problem based on the composer (i.e. another corps...).

I'm happy there isn't narration. Doesn't bother me a lot but doesn't add much either.

X... 10... pretty vanilla concept honestly but it will surely change into something that can have some kind of emotional/intellectual stimulation? Did they not learn from Side X Side about having an intellectual concept lacking emotional connection and meaning? do they have "X" on the brain? Seems also similar to "Second Chance" concept from Crown a couple years back. Sorry, guess I'm grouchy today! Music will be stellar!

Edited by charlie1223

X... 10... pretty vanilla concept honestly but it will surely change into something that can have some kind of emotional/intellectual stimulation? Did they not learn from Side X Side about having an intellectual concept lacking emotional connection and meaning? do they have "X" on the brain? Seems also similar to "Second Chance" concept from Crown a couple years back. Sorry, guess I'm grouchy today! Music will be stellar!

Cadets don't really do "emotional" without getting schlocky, IMO. I'd rather them not even try. And Hop is pretty consistent in his idea that their program be more or less obvious from the first viewing, so I rarely expect intellectual stimulation out of them.

When they Cadets are firing on all cylinders, they're exhilarating. I think the source material, combined with a straight-forward concept could provide that. So, in theory at this early stage of the game, there should be less griping from anti-narration, anti-over-the-top-tarp crowd, of which I was in last year.

That said, talent among the top corps has been pretty evenly distributed lately it seems, so championships tend to be determined on design. And the designs that get rewarded have more meat to them than this one lets on. Obviously, this is way early, but right now, I see this as another Side by Side performance clinic that people can love and appreciate, but it won't have the design depth to challenge for a title.

As always, I hope they prove me wrong and take the gold by blowing me away with some vintage brass, percussion, and velocity.

Confused.. is this supposed to be under wraps or what. If not, can someone spell out what the theme is because it isn't really clear so far.

Evidently, Shostakovich symphony 10. Show titled X. No narration. The segments they are pulling the show from are posted on FB on DCP page.

Huh. Conservative choice. I was hoping for something more innovative. I'm sure they'll play the hell out of it though. I can tell this will be one of my favorite shows next year.