Cadets 2015

• 2 weeks later...

He's just trying to counterbalance the American jingoism from last year

So he's going to show the US beating the Ruskies from the Russian point of view? Their stage will include a podium, the narrator will pound his fist on it, and the Angels will sweep down to "Tear Down This Stage!".

Their closing set will be an outline of the birthmark on Gorby's forehead.

Brings new irony to "spending the enemy out of existence", doesn't it?

Edited by garfield
  • Like 3

One of my snare drummers from the band I teach was at the auditions...I saw pics posted on the band FB page. Surprised me! He is very good...and a great person. I hope he makes it...not sure if he is trying for C1 or C2.

I hope your student can have the quality experience my son had with the 2014 snare line....excellent collection of kids from around the nation, plus great instruction from McNutt and crew...a genuine band of brothers.

• Like 1

With both C1 (Shostakovich Tenth) and C2 (Russian Square) playing shows from West of Siberia, will George's new title be Commissar?

Apparently so.

He's just trying to counterbalance the American jingoism from last year

Probably trying to show that Patriotic shows suck and they do better with non-patriotic shows.

Apparently so.

Probably trying to show that Patriotic shows suck and they do better with non-patriotic shows.

Perhaps, but its got little to do with its level of " Patriotism " or not, imo. Some of the Cadets non Patrotic themed shows sucked far worse than any of the so called Patriotism themed shows done over the years by the Cadets. Just recently, does the Musical trubute to the lightweight laughalung Jethro Tull (2004 ) or the introduction of the clownish buffon Geoffrey, with his Toy Souldiers ( 2010 ) for just 2 examples, ring a bell ? Just about all of the former serious Patriotic themed shows of the Cadets were far more interesting than these 2 Cadets theme clunkers, imo.

Edited by BRASSO