Cadets 2015

Not a lot of good warm-up zones, though, and (at USBands shows anyway) a complete cluster#### at the gate, seeing as how units enter and exit in the same place and they have the photography area right there as well. It's a mad house in that whole area, and a real pain in the butt to try and keep your group focused getting through all that craziness to be ready to perform.

Good point.

Getting ready for those GeorgeDixon critiques:

http://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/630-weekend-preview-dec-19-21

With all that sausage on the menu, I am presuming some of it will be kielbasa a la ruskie? Eat it now, not during those frenetic drill practices learning the velocity drill, based on experience. :-p

Edited by xandandl

I love the stadium at Annapolis. I wish YEA! had kept USBands Nationals there...it is, to me, just about a perfect place to perform and watch a show. The band I teach competed there a number of times. Even small bands like ours sound OK.

Any suggestions how far up one should be in the stands? The most expensive tickets are near to top. I'm the type that appreciated being able to see the drill ... but prefer a happy medium.

Any suggestions how far up one should be in the stands? The most expensive tickets are near to top. I'm the type that appreciated being able to see the drill ... but prefer a happy medium.

The middle is the happy medium. The stadium is a pretty good one, and I'm not just saying that because I'm in the Navy.

The middle is the happy medium. The stadium is a pretty good one, and I'm not just saying that because I'm in the Navy.

hate to agree with Tekk but...that stadium is fabulous. was my favorite stadium but now i have to give the slight edge to PPL Park. Acoustically amazing.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

hate to agree with Tekk but...that stadium is fabulous. was my favorite stadium but now i have to give the slight edge to PPL Park. Acoustically amazing.

PPL Park is definitely up there. I just wish the stands were a little higher to support the visual as much as it supports the acoustic.