Cadets 2015

The Stardusters from NJ...remember Mike?...so sparkly and sooooooooo Pink not to bad either...couldnt find a pic but wow all those pink sequins...lol

Star ,( One of their Unis.... I guess a form of pink..lol close to the color you posted...lol Yeah Cadets can do it and would go nice with the maroon..lol

Star Alumni also...lol..yeah pink could work...lol

Yes! They were primarily a parade corps, if I recall...at least in my memory, from Pompton Lakes! In my era they were pretty young gals, and they did wear pink sequined tops and pink shorts. Later in the 70's they added guys to try and hang on, if I recall, who wore white dress shirts and black pants.

• Like 1

Yes! They were primarily a parade corps, if I recall...at least in my memory, from Pompton Lakes! In my era they were pretty young gals, and they did wear pink sequined tops and pink shorts. Later in the 70's they added guys to try and hang on, if I recall, who wore white dress shirts and black pants.

Youre right i remember the guys added now that you say it.Yes I remember them in competition at the Boonton Nj show. If I remember it was a very late in season show. Like end of Aug or beginning of Sept. I think when they broke up they also kept a winter guard for a while.

I think youre right. Toward the end they might have been just a parade corps

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

Youre right i remember the guys added now that you say it.Yes I remember them in competition at the Boonton Nj show. If I remember it was a very late in season show. Like end of Aug or beginning of Sept. I think when they broke up they also kept a winter guard for a while.

Yes, the Boonton show was a late season show sponsored by the Harmony senior corps, a parade corps that used band brass, not bugles. They wore all black (Cadets 2015!!!) and had a glock section. We saw them often at parades in the Morris County area.

• Like 1

Yes, the Boonton show was a late season show sponsored by the Harmony senior corps, a parade corps that used band brass, not bugles. They wore all black (Cadets 2015!!!) and had a glock section. We saw them often at parades in the Morris County area.

Wow its been a long time...lmao

• Like 1

St. John's Missilemen, Winthrop, Ma. was a Drum Corps that had pink as a major color in their main, non Guard, uniforms from the 1960's. Black and pink if I recall correctly.. There may have been others too. ( But my guess, not too many others. )

St. Therese, Everett used pink and brown at some point of their history when Pat L(u)ongo, Harry & Ginny Sampson's kid, was doing the visuals.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Irony is that all those corps from that section of Northern Jersey (Wayne Monarchs, Hillsdale Valley Grenadiers, etc.) were well before air conditioning and before Wanaque-Ringwood-Pompton-Greenwood Lake became desired zip codes for other than the weekend camphouse that often flooded out with the rivers or lakes in the Spring and were mostly inaccessible due to snow and ice in the winter. One of the prettiest areas of the New Jersey in the Fall. Today few can touch those prices unless you are certain judges who live in Smoke Rise.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I'm trying to think of a Corps that had pink as their main uniform color ( not a slice of pink ). Maybe there is such a Corps. But I can't think of a single Corps off the top of my head at the moment, MikeD. ( haha!).

The Blue Devils.. the Bluecoats... the Purple Lancers....the Golden Knights...... the Black Knights... etc.... they all work.

But the Pink Knights ? I'm not so sure. How about The Pink Panther Drum & Bugle Corps ? ( haha!)

Let's not forget Les Chatelaines from Quebec. I was at a DM clinic with their DM, and fell instantly in love with her. Alas, she had no idea.

• Like 1

Irony is that all those corps from that section of Northern Jersey (Wayne Monarchs, Hillsdale Valley Grenadiers, etc.) were well before air conditioning and before Wanaque-Ringwood-Pompton-Greenwood Lake became desired zip codes for other than the weekend camphouse that often flooded out with the rivers or lakes in the Spring and were mostly inaccessible due to snow and ice in the winter. One of the prettiest areas of the New Jersey in the Fall. Today few can touch those prices unless you are certain judges who live in Smoke Rise.

All true, If we only knew back then...lol..who would have thought.lol