Remember.....

The McCormick trailer at the US Open?

All the buttons you could buy from all the corps that participated at US Open.

• Like 1

I remember Maurice Chevalier but don`t remember details of drum corps in the 1970`s, let alone yesterday. We`ll leave remembering up to Keith and his acute memory.

My drum corps stuff was stored in a garage for 30 years until 2007. I scan when I can and post on DCP. My scrapbook paper started disintegrating; the button collection is pristine.

We get six months of snow and the garage isn`t heated. Maybe my stuff was frozen in time and should not have been brought inside. Music makes me remember that moment in time so long ago.

• Like 3

A few of my drum corps friends give me crap because I remember alot from that time. Not sure why because my wife will tell me something and I will forget it 5 minutes later. The only explanation I have is that those were the best times of my childhood and I choose to remember those times.

• Like 2

I also think people might think I remember things that they don't want me to remember. May be bad to re-live some memories LOL

Hi Keith. Over the years you chose to remember my corps and reminded me that you have my 1975 uniform in your closet many times. Are there skeletons in your closet? LOL

As a lone DM for 3 years, I was focused on details and was in the spotlight. I was 1, the corps many, other corps more and audiences galore; even more. As a DM with another DM for 4 more years, I had someone to talk to, to plan, to instruct, a backup when needed; we shared the limelight, the interviews, the logistics, talked about the members we cared for, etc.

I choose to remember the good times in drum corps because as a lone DM I saw and heard it all. Do I tell all? No. Not on a public forum (good golly this ain't no gossip column, it's a historical archive dag nabbit). I'm lucky to have kept in touch with DC people over 35 years to remember the good, the bad, the fun, the challenges with amiable company.

Please quit with the somber threads. You're depressing me! You remind me of Eeyore. I'm always optimistic, cup always half full kind of person. Please do the same. Remember that it's cool to be UP and celebrate our youth while in drum corps (ever so long ago).

Linda....what is your problem? You have been negative towards me the past couple of years. I post a harmless topic and you attack me! I have never met you and I know nothing about you AND have never attacked you!

I have no "skeletons" in my closet. All I have is great memories of a great time in a great activity as you do I am sure. I have seen all your posts about Alberta Girls (a corps that really didn't compete but was a show band). Never said anything nasty about that. So, if you don't like my posts.....DON'T read them or respond to them. I don't get angry about to much but I have read your comments towards me and now I have responded publicly like you have. Sorry you were a LONE drum major, I had nothing to do with that and what's the big deal about that anyway? Gossip? Where?

I am sorry you were ALONE but don't take it out on me!

• Like 1