Marching Bands Going Mainstream in music videos and concert events

I've seen these folks around town a lot over the years, would not call them the start of a trend

http://muccapazza.com/

"Clowning constantly but playing precisely, Mucca Pazza's compositions invoke a world of brass bands and marching bands, from American high-school style to zigzagging Balkan tunes to something akin to a Fellini soundtrack - fun in a relentless way." - New York Times

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucca_Pazza

They have performed nationally at many well known venues and concerts including McCarren Park Pool, True/False Film Festival, Lollapalooza,Rothbury Music Festival, the Kentucky Derby Days Parade, Lincoln Center, The Kennedy Center, the Montreal Jazz Festival, and were featured on Late Night with Conan O'Brien in 2006. The band has opened for Primus_(band) and The Flaming Lips, and have collaborated withExene Cervenka and Andrew Bird.
Their debut album, A Little Marching Band, was released in 2006. Their second full-length album, Plays Well Together, was released in June 2008. The band's song "Borino Oro" was featured in a season 4 episode of the Showtime television show Weeds, and the songs "Tube Sock Tango" and "St. Fresca's Regret" were used in Season 1, Episode 8 of Amazon'sTransparent. Their third album "Safety Fifth" was released in July, 2012 and a fourth full-length, "L.Y.A." is due out in the Fall of 2014.

Gwen Stefani "Hollaback Girl" (2005)

Alex Gaudino featuring Crystal Waters "Destination Calabria" (2007)

OK Go "This Too Shall Pass" (2010)

"Weird Al" Yankovic "Sports Song" (2014)

The first of these was a huge hit. I'd never heard of the second, but it was apparently big in Europe. Doubtless there are other examples.

I also came across this:

"Hawaii Five-O" commercial (2011)

• Like 1

The first of these was a huge hit. I'd never heard of the second, but it was apparently big in Europe. Doubtless there are other examples.

I also came across this:

Alanis Morissette "Hand in my Pocket" - can't remember the name of the drum corps in the video. I think they were from Ontario. (Edit: the corps in the video was the Kips Bay Knight Club from the Bronx.)

http://youtu.be/LQ8D5Ihe4hg

Edited by Lincoln

Is this gonna evolve into a "I was into the activity before it was cool" thread?

I'm not sure exactly what "mainstream" means...Millions of students are in marching bands nationwide, but of course, that doesn't mean they're considered cool by the tens of millions who aren't.

I don't think a million hit songs featuring marching bands would make too many people think of them as any cooler.

I also came across this:

I have one word to say about this list:

Tusk

• Like 1

I have one word to say about this list: "Tusk".

Augh. Of course. Sorry to have overlooked that 1979 Fleetwood Mac song.