Mace

Wrong forum but if I read anymore I'm gonna have to pull out my Reading Buccaneers DVD with George Parks DMing 79/80... Glad someone made a vid of those show and Buccs put them on a DVD.......

OK googled around and found this... George Parks talking about being a DM and use of the mace... 1976 vid which I didn't know existed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2rhU27ttVs

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

George Zingali knew how to wield a mace.

l86ohIg.jpg

Edited by quietcity
  • Like 1

Wrong forum but if I read anymore I'm gonna have to pull out my Reading Buccaneers DVD with George Parks DMing 79/80... Glad someone made a vid of those show and Buccs put them on a DVD.......

OK googled around and found this... George Parks talking about being a DM and use of the mace... 1976 vid which I didn't know existed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2rhU27ttVs

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention this.

Weird timing but my wife and I are on vacation right now and hotel has a bunch of Univ of Mass field hockey members. Post about George Parks one day and then see "UMass Athletics" all around us at breakfast three days later. Where's Rod Serling....

And thanks eleran, have Buccs 79 Finals on DVD and you found Prelims which shows Parks talent better.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Weird timing but my wife and I are on vacation right now and hotel has a bunch of Univ of Mass field hockey members. Post about George Parks one day and then see "UMass Athletics" all around us at breakfast three days later. Where's Rod Serling....

And thanks eleran, have Buccs 79 Finals on DVD and you found Prelims which shows Parks talent better.

I wonder if that Prelims video is the same one Parks always showed at his DM camps - looks the way I remembered it, anyway

I don't think there are many people in the world who could handle a mace like GNP. Even as he got older he could still show off at his camps.

I wasn't sure if we were talking about a mace for marching or changing the rules to allow performers to use mace to keep judges from interfering with corps while performing. A little mace in some of the near collisions would make quite a show!

Alternatively - maybe they could use capsaicin spray for additional GE during a Red Hot Chili Peppers medley.

Good question eleran, saw a vid of GP at one of his camps doing tosses while end of one of the Buccs shows was playing on speakers. According to corpsreps the title is "Sylvia" and was played as a closer 79-81. IIRC Parks was matching what he did on the field then for his students benefit.

And IIRC the opening notes in 79 was played by someone I used to march with.... And saw a LOT of Parks those years.....

Oh yeah 1979 Prelims, HersheyPark Stadium, think I lived there HS and corps days...at least saw my first corps show there,

Edited by JimF-LowBari