Did Anyone Else Notice...?

I have to credit (or blame) the _Kid for this one..

2014: "From Concord California, Drum Corps International is proud to present...The Blue Devils!".

But...

"From Allentown, PA, Please welcome...The Cadets!"

In fact, every other video performance on the 2014 FN shows that DCI is "Proud to present" every single corps.

Except Cadets. They're just from Allentown.

Apparently, DCI is not proud to present Cadets.

(partially in jest, of course (I hope), but I'd really like to know what's up)

Now that you mention it, Gar...you're right. Maybe just a "slip of the tongue" on DCi's part. However, it DOES make one wonder...

seems like a 'George Hopkins wrote this. this is what George Hopkins wrote" type of thing. To which DCI just didn't want to tinker, lest another explosion occur.

And then there was the whole FTC movement of the late '90's and early part of this millennium.

Not to say that DCI front office is very midwestern centered and staffed and that if you notice the DCI page, certain corps (like Madison and Regiment "Spartacus") get a more frequent posting and feature than many other corps. Can't remember the last time that I saw a Spirit vid, a Pioneer vid, a Cascades vid, etc. But Mad and PR, quite a lot.

Everybody's equal, just some more than others maybe.

Edited by xandandl

The announcers are given a sheet from the corps with exactly what the corps want them to say. If it's different for one corps, it's because they wanted it different. Some announcers at smaller shows disregard the script, which can be frustrating if you have a timed intro, but for the major shows, Brandt and Dan go by the script.

I have to credit (or blame) the _Kid for this one..

2014: "From Concord California, Drum Corps International is proud to present...The Blue Devils!".

But...

"From Allentown, PA, Please welcome...The Cadets!"

In fact, every other video performance on the 2014 FN shows that DCI is "Proud to present" every single corps.

Except Cadets. They're just from Allentown.

Apparently, DCI is not proud to present Cadets.

(partially in jest, of course (I hope), but I'd really like to know what's up)

Not to burst your bubble but this is a little irrelevant. Check out the intro for Cadets 2012. Or Cadets 2013. Hell, just take a look at most years and I'd bet you the "proud to present" part is there. Georgie probably just decided to change the intro a little this year.

Not to burst your bubble but this is a little irrelevant. Check out the intro for Cadets 2012. Or Cadets 2013. Hell, just take a look at most years and I'd bet you the "proud to present" part is there. Georgie probably just decided to change the intro a little this year.

How dare you ruin a perfectly good conspiracy theory with your cold, cruel logic!

They could have some fun with show-specific announcements.

2008 "DCI is happy to present...the Cadets"

2009 "DCI is tempted to present...the Boston Crusaders"

2009 "DCI is depressed to present...the Blue Devils"

2010 "DCI is mad to present..the Cavaliers"

2011 "DCI is revolted to present...the Boston Crusaders"

2011 "DCI will be ###### if it can't present... Santa Clara Vanguard"

2013 "DCI is beside itself to present...the Cadets"

2014 "DCI is inclined to present...the Bluecoats"

Well played sir!