Boston Crusaders Fluglehorn Solo

What was that song?!? I have searched high and low all over the web and cannot find it! HELP!

I might agree with you Lincoln, though there was definitely some stiff competition this season - 2014 was a good year for some nice ballads.

Yes. There were a few nice ballads. But over all solo music and drill tower build was different. IMO the best of the year.

• Like 1

Yes. There were a few nice ballads. But over all solo music and drill tower build was different. IMO the best of the year.

I wasn't even aware of this piece of music prior to this year's Boston show.

I thought Boston did a really great job capturing how melancholy the piece was. It fit perfectly with the show theme as well as the visual. It might not be right to say, but when Barber wrote sad music, it kind of rips your heart out. I think his life was so often portrayed in his writing.

• Like 1

I wasn't even aware of this piece of music prior to this year's Boston show.

I thought Boston did a really great job capturing how melancholy the piece was. It fit perfectly with the show theme as well as the visual. It might not be right to say, but when Barber wrote sad music, it kind of rips your heart out. I think his life was so often portrayed in his writing.

Yes i agree. I should read about him.

I believe his death was a suicide. What is ironic is how often his Adagio for Strings (so familiar to us in drum corps from several corps) is used for church funerals and other public celebrations which are solemn but speak of hope. Such beauty and such pain.