Concerto in F

I saw that guy, too, and I really do think it's Zingali. Hop was passing back and forth behind him, and that guy was "slight" in stature, as was Zingali.

I didn't know that. I always thought he was quite tall but that may be based on the PBS video from 1980 where he is with the guard member from 27th who was shorter.

SCV's 2011 was mostly based on piano music, specifically the Ligeti "Devil's Staircase"

I didn't know that. I always thought he was quite tall but that may be based on the PBS video from 1980 where he is with the guard member from 27th who was shorter.

The only way I know is because he came up in the stands when I was there and watched the show sitting next to me. It was fascinating to see him watch shows.

SCV's 2011 was mostly based on piano music, specifically the Ligeti "Devil's Staircase"

Good mention (and I particularly enjoyed that show too). I suppose what I'm getting at is that a great piano show deserves some great piano playing now that synthesizers are in the mix. I know that we harp on poor use of synthesizers in the activity today (boo thunderous goo!) but what a great opportunity to make beautiful and tasteful use of it. This would be uniquely different to using the pit (or brass) for piano parts.

I'm sure many think I'm crazy here, but I think it would be really interesting if a corps went so far as to have the synth/piano player be the feature element of a show. Of course with some rockin' brass and percussion along with it - it is drum corps after all.

Trust me all, I'm a lover of the good old days, but I just think we can sometimes harp so much on how the activity has changed that we fail to embrace the new opportunities that the rule changes (e.g., synths, trombones, etc.) can bring. Ultimately I think that when good music is produced on the field we all win.

• Like 1

Wow! VERY cool!! Is that you?

:augen51:

6a00d8341bf67c53ef0167618d2f32970b-800wi

Yes! In fact, that was Cavalier day, and I was landing into a huge swimming pool of melted Wisconsin cheddar. I heard Mike Boo was spotted rolling around in the spillage of my splash landing, but I never got a good look for myself.

Blue Devils day and Phantom Regiment day were personal favorites of mine; the cape, you know, it really does help with aerodynamics.

• Like 2

Hey Garf.

Be ready for the onslaught of all those Crossmen alums who will probably seek restituitive licensing penalties.

You were probably too young to remember when they made famous both the cape and Superman. (cf. Bones.)