Madison in Macy's Parade

We are marching as the Madison Scouts - Corps of Brothers. The Corps is comprised of about 350 Alums and about 90 2014 members!

I can't wait for this exciting event. We are officially the "Santa Band" and get to perform on the carpet as the last group in the parade, introducing Santa Claus. :)

This is great to hear. You are going to have a blast. I was fortunate to be able to participate in the 1994 Macy's All-Star drum corps and will never forget the great people I met and having the chance to march in a parade that I had watched on tv for so many years was an incredible experience (Not to mention the incredible sound we put out..had 22 second sopranos :) .

Do you know where the Scouts will be practicing that week? Teaneck Armory by any chance?

Edited by Triple Forte

This is great to hear. You are going to have a blast. I was fortunate to be able to participate in the 1994 Macy's All-Star drum corps and will never forget the great people I met and having the chance to march in a parade that I had watched on tv for so many years was an incredible experience (Not to mention the incredible sound we put out..had 22 second sopranos :) .

Do you know where the Scouts will be practicing that week? Teaneck Armory by any chance?

A community college in the burbs.

With almost 500 hungry Scouts (and entourage) anticipated, Manhattan chefs are already tearing up loaves of day old bread for the stuffing (no, not dressing...that's cooked separate from the turkey). And no cornbread to be found either. If anything it would be maize. Arrangements are being made with the nonG-7 connections (Ghost, Craiga, emc2, Lihona) for real cranberries to be shipped in from Plymouth, Mass bogs, not that squishy cranberry colored stuff served with cheddar cheese in Wisconsin. Turkey will be served (not brats) with apple cider which is the color of some Wisconsin brews but aren't quite, as the trip must try to be authentic to the East Coast pilgrims for the family audiences up the Avenue and globally; and the only spats to be found will be the arguments for preferring mince meat, pumpkin, or apple pie. Real Men don't put marshmellows to mask the sweet potatoes but will dive right in (your choice, either Hudson or East River) with plenty of veggies and fixin's.

Already debated in the NYC media is that multi-faceted question whether the men from Madison will bring along with them some of that flaky white stuff (i.e. snow) to welcome Santa and whether TV viewers world wide will catch a close-up of, not Scott Stewart in his kilts but DCI head honcho and Mad alum Dan Acheson donning his baritone again for a most wonderful Miracle on 34th ST. Stay tuned, the football games may even have to wait until the Scouts are finished celebrating Thanksgiving..

Edited by xandandl

I havent carried a bari in over a dozen years. My shoulders aren't happy doing it again. hahaahah.

• Like 2

Arrangements are being made with the nonG-7 connections (Ghost, Craiga, emc2, Lihona) for real cranberries to be shipped in from Plymouth, Mass bogs, not that squishy cranberry colored stuff served with cheddar cheese in Wisconsin.

Out here in UT, I'd have to ship cases of canned cranberries! Maybe Tim K. can get some divine help. Wisconsin has had larger harvests of the berries than MA, so maybe the Scouts from WI can bring there own.

Out here in UT, I'd have to ship cases of canned cranberries! Maybe Tim K. can get some divine help. Wisconsin has had larger harvests of the berries than MA, so maybe the Scouts from WI can bring there own.

Never been to UT, only one of 4 states I haven't made (Nevada, Alaska, and Hawaii) YET! And the changes to those frequent flier points is making it more difficult. But I know you have great connections.

However, I have been told by New England Yankees (not the Red Sox type of Yankees), that it is the Atlantic Ocean air mixing it's saltish hue above the Massachusetts bogs which makes their berries superior (no not that Wisconsin lake); quality over quantity type of thing I am told.

I am not sure how Ocean Spray explains that sort of thing with their many bogs in Cheddar land and Michigan. Everytime I ask at their sampling plant in Plymouth, Mass they don't answer directly but just give me another free sample tasting to devour and point the way to the chowdah houses.

• Like 2

Probably wouldn't be the smartest choice most Novembers in NYC, particularly as the musical unit introducing Santa. We do get a bit of snow with the turkey and cranberries...

They should pull out those classic uniforms from the '90s and put 'EM to use!