Funny Accidents on the Field?

The Crownies and Regiment both have legendary snake stories passed from vets to rookies from life on Swamp Tour (The Louisiana-Mississippi-Alabama) swing of the DCI summer tour.

Carolina Crown even posted in many places a photo of a very large black snake "sampling" their front ensemble practice at Gardiner-Webb College in Boiling Springs. (Nick Starr could definitely confirm this.) Rumor is that Crown's admin named the snake an offical corps consultant and the snake was never seen or heard from again.

Edited by xandandl

High school band camp we had some camp near a lake and one of the practice fields was on marshland. You could jump and make it wave a bit.

Winds went there for music practice minus us saxes as we had drill to clean with the brass.

About 20 min later, the winds were running over the hill that separated the fields screaming like a horror movie.

They had sat on the ground to work on listening at wide intervals and suddenly noticed the entire field was just filthy with crawling jumping wolf spiders.

The rest of the season was filled with rubber spiders hidden everywhere on the busses, uniforms, equipment cases, etc.

Edited by KVG_DC

I remember once I got trampled during rehearsal. We -Buccaneers- were working drill and everyone was really concentrating and I just happened to glance to my right and just on the edge of the goal line was a wall of water. I mean you couldn't see 2 feet into that wall of rain and it just stood there. Imagine we're in sunshine and that wall wasn't moving. Well we ran, I tripped or got knocked over, sprained my ankle and I'm sure other people were hurt moving that quick.

I don't think I ever saw the Corps move so quick except to get to the beer keg or the Tanqueray cooler.

Oscar