2014 DVD arrived today :-)

I can't wait to hear your opinion.

This is the first year in about 28 that I did not pre-order media from DCI, video or audio. I'm simply not going to spend money not knowing what product I'm going to get. I'm hoping your review is great because I really want to order them.

Garfield,

Being a 'Coats fan I would have bought this no matter what. After viewing their performance a few times, then moving on to Blue Knights and Blue Devils (I'll catch all of the others this weekend) you need to place your order tomorrow!

The production crew did an AWESOME job of capturing almost all of the key moments of the Bluecoats show in terms of when to zoom in and when to zoom out. For all 'Coats fans this is a keepsake you MUST have. From the opening shot of the coolest Drum Major in DCI (Willie Veenstra) to the final ramp leap and the crowd going nuts this captures all of the excitement and engergy that was TILT.

Video quality is excellent and I believe the sound is the best yet...and it's LOUD. In previous years I've had to run my volume up to 50, but at 35 it was shaking the floor.

I for one say BRAVO DCI and Tom Blair!

Edited by oldbandguy
  • Like 1

I received the Finals DVD yesterday, and video and audio quality are fine.....also transcoded perfectly for iPad Air viewing....I think it's safe to jump into the pool.

Is all the material there this year or are there copywrite issues again?

I have not viewed all 12 shows, but top 5 seem ok.

Having reviewed the Finals DVD....one thing is clear to me....Bluecoats were very cool; but the Cadets were marching/playing monsters....no comparison in terms of demand and musical substance.

Blue Devils were in another galaxy in terms of mature talent level....simply incredible!

• Like 4

BDs brass line amazing. I loved Coats show but Cadets should have been over them. Much more depth and complexity with the marching and guard near flawless. Maybe Crown's design wasn't without issues but would have had them over SCV. Brass and musical arrangements stunning. BK's show just really wonderful. Looking forward to the 2015 season!

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 2

Thoughts after watching all of finals twice after not really watching anything since the season ended... Bluecoats were great.. BD was clean and entertaining, deserved the ring... maybe not quite the score though. Cadets should have been beat by Bluecoats, just by being flat out boring and being so sterile and almost too clean that there was no energy to the performance. SCV and Crown could flip flop all season long. Loved both shows. Crown I liked a little more, but I see why SCV beat them. Cavies are back, hopefully for good, Phantom needs to get their crap together...BK was amazing, loved Boston, said that all season long, Madison was alright, and great to see Bones back in the big show again, hopefully they can actually stay in for good now!

DVD quality seemed great... a couple of questionable shot choices on multi-cam where I feel like they didn't choose the best shot for that moment.. but mostly no complaints, good sound, good video quality.

• Like 1