Why PBS Dropped DCI Broadcast - Other Thought

Re: wrap-up you're probably right. It seems probable that video is more for fans and more of a celebration of the season more than promotion or whatnot.

If that's the (likely) case, then I think it would benefit DCI if they edited a slightly longer version as a promotional type thing, or even putting the "What is DCI" video on their 'about' webpage to the front page. Obviously from August - Jan. would likely be a great time if they're looking to get people hyped to buy merchandise and/or try-out for corps. And May-June would be good to get people hyped for the upcoming season (to go to show and buy FN).

But, I'm probably over-thinking a tad

For social media DCI does have a Twitter & FB presence that they keep pretty up-to-date. They do a good job of reposting member corps' stuff (like vids from Crown in Asia), and even posting popular(ish) viral marching band videos (they actually posted a video from last MB season of the band I teach on Senior Appreciation Night).

No, I think this is exactly what DCI should be doing. Thanks for the FB/Twitter info, I never knew that.