BAC and BD at Tanglewood on July 6th

Ghost

LENOX, Mass. — Musical offerings run the gamut from Lady Gaga to Yo Yo Ma in Tanglewood’s 2015 season, set for June 20 through Labor Day Weekend.

The mainstays of the season are the Boston Symphony and Boston Pops orchestras, and they’ll be celebrating both the inaugural season of BSO Music Director Andris Nelsons and the 75th anniversary of the Tanglewood Music Center, the Boston Symphony Orchestra’s summer home.

A highlight of the popular music offerings in 2015 is the June 30 performance of Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga doing songs from their new album, “Cheek to Cheek.”

Tickets for all Tanglewood shows, priced from $10 to $124, go on sale Sunday, Jan. 25 at 888-266-1200 and www.tanglewood.org.

Season schedule

Sat. June 20, 8 p.m. — Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, Keith Lockhart, conductor, and Tanglewood Music Center Vocal Fellows. “Sondheim on Sondheim” in film and music.

Sun. June 21, 2:30 p.m. — Diana Krall

Thur. June 25, 8 p.m. — TBA

Fri. June 26, 8 p.m. — Mark Morris Dance Group, Tanglewood Music Center Fellows. Mark Morris and Stefan Asbury, conductors. Mark Morris, choreographer

J.S. BACH Brandenburg Concerto No. 1

Sat. June 27, 5:45 p.m. — A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. Live broadcast

Sun. June 28, 2:30 p.m. — Huey Lewis and the News

Tues. June 30, 8 p.m. — Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga

Wed. July 1, 8 p.m. — Boston Symphony Chamber Players

Thur. July 2, 8 p.m. — Apollo’s Fire: The Cleveland Baroque Orchestra, Jeannette Sorrell, music director

Fri. July 3, 8:30 p.m. — Opening Night, Boston Symphony Orchestra

Sat. July 4, 7 p.m. — Popular artist TBA

Sun. July 5, 2:30 p.m. — Boston Pops Orchestra, Keith Lockhart, conductor

Sunday, July 5, 8 p.m. — Tanglewood Music Center Orchestra, Stefan Asbury, conductor

Mon. July 6, 7 p.m. — Members of the Boston Pops Brass and Percussion Sections, with Boston Crusaders and Blue Devils

• Like 1

LENOX, Mass. — Musical offerings run the gamut from Lady Gaga to Yo Yo Ma in Tanglewood’s 2015 season, set for June 20 through Labor Day Weekend.

The mainstays of the season are the Boston Symphony and Boston Pops orchestras, and they’ll be celebrating both the inaugural season of BSO Music Director Andris Nelsons and the 75th anniversary of the Tanglewood Music Center, the Boston Symphony Orchestra’s summer home.

A highlight of the popular music offerings in 2015 is the June 30 performance of Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga doing songs from their new album, “Cheek to Cheek.”

Tickets for all Tanglewood shows, priced from $10 to $124, go on sale Sunday, Jan. 25 at 888-266-1200 and www.tanglewood.org.

Season schedule

Sat. June 20, 8 p.m. — Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra, Keith Lockhart, conductor, and Tanglewood Music Center Vocal Fellows. “Sondheim on Sondheim” in film and music.

Sun. June 21, 2:30 p.m. — Diana Krall

Thur. June 25, 8 p.m. — TBA

Fri. June 26, 8 p.m. — Mark Morris Dance Group, Tanglewood Music Center Fellows. Mark Morris and Stefan Asbury, conductors. Mark Morris, choreographer

J.S. BACH Brandenburg Concerto No. 1

Sat. June 27, 5:45 p.m. — A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. Live broadcast

Sun. June 28, 2:30 p.m. — Huey Lewis and the News

Tues. June 30, 8 p.m. — Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga

Wed. July 1, 8 p.m. — Boston Symphony Chamber Players

Thur. July 2, 8 p.m. — Apollo’s Fire: The Cleveland Baroque Orchestra, Jeannette Sorrell, music director

Fri. July 3, 8:30 p.m. — Opening Night, Boston Symphony Orchestra

Sat. July 4, 7 p.m. — Popular artist TBA

Sun. July 5, 2:30 p.m. — Boston Pops Orchestra, Keith Lockhart, conductor

Sunday, July 5, 8 p.m. — Tanglewood Music Center Orchestra, Stefan Asbury, conductor

Mon. July 6, 7 p.m. — Members of the Boston Pops Brass and Percussion Sections, with Boston Crusaders and Blue Devils

BOOK THE TOUR!

July 4th at Tanglewood, the pops on Sunday afternoon, and BD/BAC on Monday night? That's a family trip if I ever heard one!

Thanks Ghost, my wife and kids will LOVE this!

This must mean that Blue Devils will be in New England for the early shows. I know BAC is planning big things for the 75th anniversary show, do I would assume BD will be one of the competitors.

Perhaps someone who posts in this thread could answer a question. For some reason I thought that Boston Crusaders performed with the Pops, probably about ten to fifteen years ago. Am I correct? I swear I thought I remembered hearing a concert with BAC at the Pops, but no one else does. Has this happened before, or will this be the first collaboration with the Pops and BAC?

BOOK THE TOUR!

July 4th at Tanglewood, the pops on Sunday afternoon, and BD/BAC on Monday night? That's a family trip if I ever heard one!

I imagine you meant the Pops on the Esplanade July 4th, but the rehearsal on the 3rd is just as nice with a smaller crowd. Send your good weather requests to Tim K. soon!

I imagine you meant the Pops on the Esplanade July 4th, but the rehearsal on the 3rd is just as nice with a smaller crowd. Send your good weather requests to Tim K. soon!

Wait. Please explain. The schedule shows July 4th is TBD. The Pops orchestra plays the Esplanade, too, the same day?

BOOK THE TOUR!

Make it a week. Go to the anniversary show at Gillette. BAC shows are always fun. Go to Bristol for the July 3rd show. Drum corps while fireworks are shot over Narraganset Bay, great night. Then hit the parades: Bristol and one or two of the Boston area parades. Go to the Esplanade for the July 4th Boston Pops concert. You will not get a front row seat, but being in the crowd is fun and you can say you hit Boston for July 4th. Then do the Tanglewood double bill. My only suggestion: be prepared for Bristol traffic. The roads that lead to Bristol are the same that many people from R.I. and CT use to travel to Cape Cod or Newport, so traffic snarls.

Wait. Please explain. The schedule shows July 4th is TBD. The Pops orchestra plays the Esplanade, too, the same day?[

Technically, the "Pops" consists of BSO members minus the principals. There is also the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra which features some Pops performers and freelance musicians.if Keith Lockhart is conducting, it is usually the full Pops. The difference is not in the quality, the difference employment status. My guess would be that many who perform in Boston on the 4th will get in their cars and travel the Mass Pike to Lenox for the 5th.

Wait. Please explain. The schedule shows July 4th is TBD. The Pops orchestra plays the Esplanade, too, the same day?

Guess you've never watched the live broadcast of the Pops on the Esplanade each July 4th. Keith Lockhart and the Pops are listed for July 5th at Tanglewood, while on the 4th a "Popular artist TBA" will be at T-wood. http://boston.cbslocal.com/guide/guide-to-the-4th-of-july-pops-spectacular-on-the-esplanade/

Guess you've never watched the live broadcast of the Pops on the Esplanade each July 4th. Keith Lockhart and the Pops are listed for July 5th at Tanglewood, while on the 4th a "Popular artist TBA" will be at T-wood. http://boston.cbslocal.com/guide/guide-to-the-4th-of-july-pops-spectacular-on-the-esplanade/

Sure we've watched. In fact, it's the chance to see the Pops on the 4th is what sold my wife (already!). But no, I've never connected the location of the Esplanade. Don't really care about Popular TBA, we want to see the Pops on the 4th, enjoy the 5th on the lawn (saw Seiji Ozawa there when he was a rookie, I was 10 or so, and Mom wanted to see T-wood).

Tell me, oh great travel agent, how do we do this? (My wife doesn't care about seeing drum corps but the _Kid and I do.)

Back in the early 90's I drove for Boston Coach and before moving into dispatch, was the primary driver (first time i drove her to Harvard for lunch, she checked how the car was spaced between the parking spot lines. I nailed it!)for an elderly lady (91 ) who was well off and donated heavily to the BSO. Well, she convinced Boston Coach that she needed me to drive her out to Lenox MA to look for something she had left in her Summer home and by the way, we will be staying the night at the home used by the current BSO conductors and other key musicians during their Summer time at Tanglewood. She was adamant with the house staff that she wanted to stay in the bedroom named after http://www.boston.com/ae/music/gallery/bsoconductors?pg=10 . Can't recall whose room I had, but it was a trip for the ages and sure paid well.