BAC and BD at Tanglewood on July 6th

Ghost

Back in the early 90's I drove for Boston Coach and before moving into dispatch, was the primary driver (first time i drove her to Harvard for lunch, she checked how the car was spaced between the parking spot lines. I nailed it!)for an elderly lady (91 ) who was well off and donated heavily to the BSO. Well, she convinced Boston Coach that she needed me to drive her out to Lenox MA to look for something she had left in her Summer home and by the way, we will be staying the night at the home used by the current BSO conductors and other key musicians during their Summer time at Tanglewood. She was adamant with the house staff that she wanted to stay in the bedroom named after http://www.boston.com/ae/music/gallery/bsoconductors?pg=10 . Can't recall whose room I had, but it was a trip for the ages and sure paid well.

This is not the family vacation I had in mind.

:tounge2:

• Like 1

Sure we've watched. In fact, it's the chance to see the Pops on the 4th is what sold my wife (already!). But no, I've never connected the location of the Esplanade. Don't really care about Popular TBA, we want to see the Pops on the 4th, enjoy the 5th on the lawn (saw Seiji Ozawa there when he was a rookie, I was 10 or so, and Mom wanted to see T-wood).

Tell me, oh great travel agent, how do we do this? (My wife doesn't care about seeing drum corps but the _Kid and I do.)

Garfield you may have to take out a mortgage for this trip. From experience, I know hotels in the Lenox (Tanglewood) area are not cheap around the July 4th holiday. You can expect to pay around 150+ for even a Super 8 or Motel 6 type hotel.

James Taylor is usually the popular artist who plays @ Tanglewood on the 4th. I hear whispers that he will probably do the same this year. If it were me, I would watch the Pops rehearse on the Esplanade July 3rd (less crowded), then head out to Tanglewood for July 4 - 6th.

Almost forgot........As I think it was Tim K said already, don't forget the Crusaders big anniversary show at Gillette Stadium on July 2nd.

Edited by Barneveld

One option G is renting an RV. With traffic to Lenox or the Esplanade around July 4th, you might not want to travel from one location to location or a different hotel each night. With an RV, you have flexibility to spend a night or two in a Wally World parking lot, or line up some RV parks. You're looking at around 130 miles between Boston and Lenox. Schedule a week or so, do the DC stuff and hit a few Tammy and Tommy tourist type locations.

This is great news! I am looking forward to seeing what BAC brings in 15. I also am looking forward to my son performing in this as well. (provided he makes BDA which I think he will)

It's going to be a great BAC 2015 with all this going on. The kids will have a year to remember. looking forward to the announcement.

Edited by emc2

One option G is renting an RV. With traffic to Lenox or the Esplanade around July 4th, you might not want to travel from one location to location or a different hotel each night. With an RV, you have flexibility to spend a night or two in a Wally World parking lot, or line up some RV parks. You're looking at around 130 miles between Boston and Lenox. Schedule a week or so, do the DC stuff and hit a few Tammy and Tommy tourist type locations.

Great idea, but don't need to rent. We've had a 40' diesel RV for close to 15 years and are old hats at RVing. My kids, 13 & 15, took their first plane trip last Christmas and both, after we got home, said "That travel isn't all it's cracked up to be". For years we followed finanls in the RV and we saw a great part of the country doing so. Now, it's just 2 1/2 hours to Indy and a KOA.

My wife is dying to see BSO on the 4th, so this is an easy sale. All will enjoy the BSO and the _Kid and I will especially love the corps.

Already making plans.

Great idea, but don't need to rent. We've had a 40' diesel RV for close to 15 years and are old hats at RVing. My kids, 13 & 15, took their first plane trip last Christmas and both, after we got home, said "That travel isn't all it's cracked up to be". For years we followed finanls in the RV and we saw a great part of the country doing so. Now, it's just 2 1/2 hours to Indy and a KOA.

My wife is dying to see BSO on the 4th, so this is an easy sale. All will enjoy the BSO and the Kid and I will especially love the corps.

Already making plans.

I have seen the BSO JT and many other's around new England area. It will be a great time had by all. Great exposure for the Kids BAC, BD and DCI the hole week.

Edited by emc2

Garfield, This must be confusing so I hope this helps clear things up

BAC is in Gillette (Foxboro) on ?

DC show in Bristol on the 3rd? Parades on the 4th

BSO is in Tanglewood (Lenox) for only the 3rd

Boston Pops rehearsal is at the Esplanade (Boston) on the 3rd

Boston Pops performance is at the Esplanade on the 4th (full Pops orchestra with Keight Lockhart)

BAC & BD with the Pops at Tanglewood on the 6th

If you want to see BAC at Gillette, the BSO, Bristol, Esplanade events, then Tanglewood again, you'll be doing a lot of running around. But if your wife wants to see the BSo, you have one shot at it.

Garfield, This must be confusing so I hope this helps clear things up

BAC is in Gillette (Foxboro) on ?

DC show in Bristol on the 3rd? Parades on the 4th

BSO is in Tanglewood (Lenox) for only the 3rd

Boston Pops rehearsal is at the Esplanade (Boston) on the 3rd

Boston Pops performance is at the Esplanade on the 4th (full Pops orchestra with Keight Lockhart)

BAC & BD with the Pops at Tanglewood on the 6th

If you want to see BAC at Gillette, the BSO, Bristol, Esplanade events, then Tanglewood again, you'll be doing a lot of running around. But if your wife wants to see the BSo, you have one shot at it.

It's doable, but you're correct t, it is a lot of running around.. The distance is not too bad, the problem is traffic. Bristol is pretty one road in, another out. Lennox is somewhat similar as gas as the town itself is concerned.