BAC and BD at Tanglewood on July 6th

Ghost

Great idea, but don't need to rent. We've had a 40' diesel RV for close to 15 years and are old hats at RVing. My kids, 13 & 15, took their first plane trip last Christmas and both, after we got home, said "That travel isn't all it's cracked up to be". For years we followed finanls in the RV and we saw a great part of the country doing so. Now, it's just 2 1/2 hours to Indy and a KOA.

My wife is dying to see BSO on the 4th, so this is an easy sale. All will enjoy the BSO and the _Kid and I will especially love the corps.

Already making plans.

Hmmm....why do I flash to the Garfield family vacation looking like this...

9098477_orig.jpg

or maybe this...

b472f7e0.jpg

• Like 1

Garfield, This must be confusing so I hope this helps clear things up

BAC is in Gillette (Foxboro) on ?

DC show in Bristol on the 3rd? Parades on the 4th

BSO is in Tanglewood (Lenox) for only the 3rd

Boston Pops rehearsal is at the Esplanade (Boston) on the 3rd

Boston Pops performance is at the Esplanade on the 4th (full Pops orchestra with Keight Lockhart)

BAC & BD with the Pops at Tanglewood on the 6th

If you want to see BAC at Gillette, the BSO, Bristol, Esplanade events, then Tanglewood again, you'll be doing a lot of running around. But if your wife wants to see the BSo, you have one shot at it.

Wait for the announcement from BAC. A lot going on people that want to to audition should sign up this is once in a life time. also lobster /steak meals Boston harbor tour and feast. VT mountain spring training. Just one Hell of a year.

• Like 1

While DCP posters debate on what flash flag paint scheme Garfield modeled his colors, all DCI wants to know is whether he'll be back in Dublin for July 27th and whether ticket prices will have to be increased to pay for those chowdah bills.............................................................j/k : ;-p

While DCP posters debate on what flash flag paint scheme Garfield modeled his colors, all DCI wants to know is whether he'll be back in Dublin for July 27th and whether ticket prices will have to be increased to pay for those chowdah bills.............................................................j/k : ;-p

Ha! Yessir, it appears as though I'm in for another year and, by our lineup, it appears I'll be picking blue stuff out of my teeth and hair. Looks like a great lineup.

Our ticket prices are set by many things, none of which ends up in my gas tank. I did get a roll of "Caution! Drum Line!" yellow tape - in fact, two - but I suspect we'll use that at some point for a clinic or two.

When I have a moment to begin the planning, this site will be invaluable.

First thing will be to find a campground between the two locations to home-base. I tow my truck so we'll have wheels, and driving will not be a problem. Getting tickets to see the shows, apparently, will be an issue.but I may have friends who can get into a sponsored area.

First thing will be to find a campground between the two locations to home-base. I tow my truck so we'll have wheels, and driving will not be a problem. Getting tickets to see the shows, apparently, will be an issue.but I may have friends who can get into a sponsored area.

Here's some more homework for you!

http://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds/Massachusetts-campground-map.htm

http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dcrmassparks//recreational-activities/massparks-camping-info-generic.html

http://www.campmass.com/

Man, why couldn't this have happened when I attended Tanglewood 12 years ago. Boo.

This is a nice collaborative effort between BAC and BD to do this. Kudos to both for making it happen.

BAC and BD Percussion playing at Tanglewood during the July 4th weekend with the Boston Pops Orchestra Brass, is a great venture... it benefits the whole activity too. I hope somebody tapes this for future showing for those unable to attend.

Edited by BRASSO

This is a nice collaborative effort between BAC and BD to do this. Kudos to both for making it happen.

I am surprised at the collaboration, but can you explain how this came about? How did BAC & BD collaborate and connect up with the Pops? It is very cool and all. I'm excited about the Gillette show. 3 past & reigning Champion corps in Gillette? Yahoo.

I am surprised at the collaboration, but can you explain how this came about? How did BAC & BD collaborate and connect up with the Pops? It is very cool and all. I'm excited about the Gillette show. 3 past & reigning Champion corps in Gillette? Yahoo.

My current contacts at BAC in the offseason are off doing other things... so I really don't know the process by which this came about. I'll know in time. Perhaps in the meantime, hopefully somebody else might chime in on this. But yes, its pretty cool.