Jersey Surf 2015

Have to admit to being more than a tad nervous for tonight, since I really have no idea what the drill/design/uniforms will look like, and haven't really even heard the music in quite some time, and not then with the full corps. Nervous a bit for my son too, who will be somewhat exposed during one portion - just hope he stays solid.

Good luck tonight, Surf!

10449454_10155983151220314_5011594433347

• Like 2

Good luck tonight SURF!!! ...I'm feeling good vibrations! :-)

It needs a good amount of cleaning, they were marching a fair few holes, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the closer wasn't on the field?

But I like the show's potential! The Carnivale appearance of the sun at the start is lovely and there's good music selections for getting that "let's all have some fun" vibe that Surf is good at capturing.

I was listening via the DCI Live, but the hornline sounded better than the live performance at Ft. Wayne I remember from last year.

• Like 1

they were marching a fair few holes

That they were. I know there were at least a couple more trumpets and a tuba in rehearsal the day before, but I guess they joined too late to be ready for the first show. Probably some others as well.

and correct me if I'm wrong, but the closer wasn't on the field?

I text me son to ask the same question - no answer yet, but I hope that is the case.

I was listening via the DCI Live, but the hornline sounded better than the live performance at Ft. Wayne I remember from last year.

A couple others mentioned a similar reception for their brass, which makes me happy to hear. I didn't follow them as closely last year, and had heard a few negative reviews of their brass, but am glad to think people are hearing an improvement. I'd like to see a few more horns out there myself.

Wipeout on the playlist had my dad super excited. He's a 50s era drummer. When the show ended, we looked at each other and said "Where was Wipeout?" Hence my suspicion the closer isn't there.

Wipeout on the playlist had my dad super excited. He's a 50s era drummer. When the show ended, we looked at each other and said "Where was Wipeout?" Hence my suspicion the closer isn't there.

No, all the music was there - thought you meant closer drill.

The Wipeout piece is VERY short, falling in the middle of Good Vibrations. It starts with the laughter and "Wipeout", then is just battery & pit, with brass playing the first note of every bar, and only lasts about 6 bars. Blink and you missed it. The rhythms are not the same as the orignal - it's more a nod to Wipeout, than an accurate arrangement.

Ah. That's where we missed it. It was last on the list and so i presumed it may have been a closer yet to come because I totally missed it.

Jersey Surf will be teaming up with the North Star Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps for a mutual exhibition of song playing on the 4th of July competition show July4th at the Manning Bowl, Lynn. Its been decades since DCI Finalist Corps North Star ( North Shore of Ma. ) has performed, and the guys and gals from this highly entertaining Drum Corps have been working hard all winter to do their one and only exhibition of the year. The fact that both Corps in this mutual exhibition will be playing popular songs at this post show exhibition that even most people without music degrees are familiar with ,is an added attraction to both corps collaboration on this. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks to the Jersey Surf for their efforts with this to make this special for those that will be fortunate to be in attendance at this show.

And here's a video of that performance.