Your favorite Drum Corps Uniform

The Bluecoats' new uniforms are the classiest in DCI in my opinion. Does anyone know what inspired them? I like them so much! Anyway I really hope they don't change too much after their 3 year deal with stanbury is up, because they're ridiculously spiffy.

• Like 2

Any Cadets Uniform except 2003-2006 & 2014. I wish the stripe was still there though.

Bluecoats 2010 (I think). I didn't like 2014's uniforms. That jacket looked ridiculous to me, like BD's uniforms.

• Like 1

Any Cadets Uniform except 2003-2006 & 2014. I wish the stripe was still there though.

Bluecoats 2010 (I think). I didn't like 2014's uniforms. That jacket looked ridiculous to me, like BD's uniforms.

Only, I think, because of the trend away from tunics below the waist that started many years ago.

I rather liked them...a nice throwback to something like 80s SCV. Hope they keep them.

Belleville Black Knights

Yup. Its no contest. Belleville Black Knights had the greatest Drum & Bugle Corps uniform of all time.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Like 1

Someone who understands how to do it should post the photos of the baritones marking time & at parade rest.

No other uniform, before or since has come close.

As requested:

74BK.JPG

D77CF4AA04.jpg

• Like 1

Only, I think, because of the trend away from tunics below the waist that started many years ago.

I rather liked them...a nice throwback to something like 80s SCV. Hope they keep them.

There's a reason most of those designs went the way of the Dodo. I'm not saying I love all the uniforms and the super short cut jackets most everyone has these days, but those long past the waist designs just make everyone look so frumpy. I can't wait for the Bluecoats to ditch them and go for something else. I can barely stand to look at them. They look like Bea Arthur from that 70's TV show "Maude." :tounge2:

Maude11.jpg

I'm not saying I love all the uniforms and the super short cut jackets most everyone has these days, but those long past the waist designs just make everyone look so frumpy. :tounge2:

You hit the nail on the head, though - the super short jacket creates the illusion of height from a distance. That's the whole point - tall and thin accentuates the drill.

Mike