Your favorite Drum Corps Uniform

Year in and year out, I like SCV's look.

Speaking of unis, Pacific Crest is fund raising for new uniforms. There is a sneak peak at the uni design on the site.

https://www.pacific-crest.org/uniforms/

Looks like they're going full-bore with the BD feeder corps idea. Even adding the drop sash on the side. I do like that they're keeping the white and teal. DCI needs more bright uniforms. So many dark colors on the field.

• Like 1

I don't like black on kids. Reminds me of too many funerals I have attended over the decades. Young life is supposed to be joyous and full of zest, not depression and darkness.

I was going to say that black doesn't bother me, but the last part of your comment hit home.

I don't like black on kids. Reminds me of too many funerals I have attended over the decades. Young life is supposed to be joyous and full of zest, not depression and darkness.

Looks like the Goth look is out with you then. And I'm with you on this.

That said, black when used well, can be effective. I liked Phantom's all black unis, shako, look they had in '96, for example.

Edited by BRASSO

They did, but did they help or hurt? I always like the split uniform thing, but I didn't think it came off the way they had hoped it would.

:sarcasm: I agree......I'm sure they were upset with the results of winning the championship and GE in 2005.......I heard they were hoping for something around 13th place :muahaha::bleah: :not me:

To me (and some others I've talked to), black and darkness seem more effective under darker and artificial light. All black at 2 in the afternoon makes the members look small. If you're going to be performing in primarily daylight, then adjust accordingly. (Which is why I'm glad PC kept a lot of color on the jacket, even if moved from the top to the side.)

Mike

I almost always love SCV's unis. But their new design with Stanbury is possibly my favorite of not only SCV's line but of all time. They can mix and match colors but the design is the same. It feels great from what I've heard. It looks so professional.

I still love Crown 13's look. I remember when it was first revealed I hated it but by seasons' end, I loved it and was so disappointed they shelved it and changed it for the 2014 show........

I also loved Star of Indiana's 1991 uniform as well.

I also agree with the Bluecoats current uniform as being one of the best as well.

• Like 1

Colts 1984

An honor to wear an orange riverboat gambler uniform.

My favorite color is orange.

I've read Twain more than I can remember.

My son knows every bridge that crosses the Mississippi River.

Mission accomplished.

:)

Merry Christmas all you crazy drum corps folks!

• Like 3

I loved that Colt uniform too!