Does MiM/G7 violate antitrust law?

Oh, I so cant wait until one of the G7 falls from grace and out of the top 7, will be interesting to see if the tour of champion shows continue to be the top 7 or will they continue to be the self anointed club and everyone else. Since this whole self serving g7 debacle began, there have probably been 2 corps, IMHO, who should have cracked the top 7, 2010 Blue Stars Houdini show and last years Blue Knights show. It will take a show that without question to the common eye is leaps and bounds above the sitting 7th place corps to crack in. That is, if the powers at be with their long reaching tentacles in ALL aspects of the marching arts, allow it to happen.

Edited by brians

Oh, I so cant wait until one of the G7 falls from grace and out of the top 7, will be interesting to see if the tour of champion shows continue to be the top 7 or will they continue to be the self anointed club and everyone else.

Boston DID crack the G7 after the G7 initially crafted their TOC scheme for themselves ( BAC finished 7th 2 years ago, in 2012 ). But by that time at August Finals in 2012, the G7 and DC had already came to an agreement to jettison the TOC requirement as orginally set in stone for themselves. Now, the last couple of seasons, we find in the TOC, Corps that did not qualify under the original G7 formula for participation in the TOC... ...(which is fine by me, by the way).

Edited by BRASSO

Boston DID crack the G7 after the G7 initially crafted their TOC scheme for themselves ( BAC finished 7th 2 years ago, in 2012 ). But by that time at August Finals in 2012, the G7 and DC had already came to an agreement to jettison the TOC requirement as orginally set in stone for themselves. Now, the last couple of seasons, we find in the TOC, Corps that did not qualify under the original G7 formula for participation in the TOC... ...(which is fine by me, by the way).

Right, wasn't it originally a formula for entry based on placements in the preceding three seasons or something like that?

Right, wasn't it originally a formula for entry based on placements in the preceding three seasons or something like that?

correct. But since everyone at DCI, at least publically is ok with how things are currently, there's no need for anti trust spewage