Congrats Madison Scouts and Happy Thanksgiving

Just wanted to take a moment and congratulate the Madison Scouts on a job well done in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. You looked and sounded awesome on TV. Did drum corps proud.

Hope everyone involved had a great time and has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

• Like 2

I know there's video all over FB

I re-post from the other thread:

I am tired as I write this because I had the honor of joining with Madison at 3 am to do the "blocking and sound tech" session in front of Macy's.
It took 4 "takes" for the TV gang to get it right. T.V. commentators had pre-recorded substitute voice-overs, including even comments going in and out of commercial break. The professionalism of Madison's organization under Chris and Scott was absolutely amazing as was the immediate and always spot-on response of the members who marched. The willingness to make the corps, the activity, and their individual personal reputations so stellar was tremendous as witnessed by their quick and absolute response to the horn sergeant's commands whose voiced echoed throughout NYC as if God himself was speaking.
For me, it was an honor to witness the camaraderie and unity of the alums and present members as if all of them marched together in fact for many many seasons rather than this one event. From those who knew C.H. Beebe personally to the young un's in their novice whites from the past summer, their common focus was powerful.
I particularly enjoyed the warm reception from various friends and admin/instructional staff members I have known over my fifty years in the activity. Being "live" at the blocking and at the parade gave me a great experience of the positive reaction Madison elicited along the line of march.

With several of our legacy corps/founders celebrating major anniversaries during the past decade, Madison set a new standard and raised the bar exceedingly. Thank you to the poster who recorded and shared the photo session of the corps singing. There isn't a dry eye left in NYC while they are still replacing the shattered plate windows along 6th Ave and 33rd street. Loud and proud and a big hit with this NYC crowd. Well done, Scouts. Thank you...even if we hadn't had any snow until the Wisconsin corps arrived.

• Like 1

Cannot say enough good things! Any exposure is great exposure, and while I've seen much gnashing and wailing on social media complaining Madison didn't get enough TV, etc yada yada...What they got is more than drum corps has gotten from Macys in 20 #### years!

I'll admit it, when the screamers started their thing at the end I cheered, and sitting with my Mom, who kinda knows corps, but didn't, had it explained to her why some in white, and the rest in green, and alumni going back to 1956 in there, she thought it was awesome!

Thank you Madison Scouts members, alumni, admin and organization for doing this!

I loved watching the Scouts yesterday...brought back lots of drum corps memories. My only nit to pick is that if you know that a bunch of alumni screamers are not going to accurately nail the high notes (age, cold weather vs chops, etc.), then think about the downside of turning to the cameras and screwing the pooch. Other than this, I really dug Madison.

I loved watching the Scouts yesterday...brought back lots of drum corps memories. My only nit to pick is that if you know that a bunch of alumni screamers are not going to accurately nail the high notes (age, cold weather vs chops, etc.), then think about the downside of turning to the cameras and screwing the pooch. Other than this, I really dug Madison.

Yeah those screamers did not sound too great haha. But the overall sound of the ensemble was amazing