Reed's Russian Christmas Music

Khachaturian's Lullaby from Gayane

Rimsky Korsakov's Dance of the Tumblers from The Snow Maiden

Gliere's Russian Sailor's Dance from The Red Poppy

Note: they plan to march 128 members.

an SCV tribute LOL

• Like 2

There's something here for everyone.

For the naysayers, yes Hopkins played RCM when he was a Crossmen snare.

For those who think Hopkins picks political statements, well Russia is a current State Dept. hot potato.

For those who think C2 only mimics C1 old shows, yes Cadets did play Tumblers in 2010.

For those who think Cadets only ever replay music SCV did first, yes there is the RSD and they too played RCM once upon a time.

For those who look for new works (to them) there is the Khachaturian piece., which SCV also played as Gayne lullabye in '87.

For those who want a great show for the audience, all of this is great.

For those who want a fast paced show with good Cadet drill and great music, here it is. Enjoy for a great season..

Actually, the show is a tribute to my band's 1997 show...we opened with Tumblers and closed with Sailor's Dance. :tounge2:

• Like 1

Anybody in the Mercer Cty, NJ area...the Mercer County Symphonic Band is playing this at our holiday concert next Wednesday, 12/17, at Kelsey Theater located at Mercer County Community College. Free!

I am primarily the timpanist, though for this piece I have normally played the chimes part. This year for the first time I am playing the timpani part, as we have a person who can play the chime part (the college choir director joined the band and plays some of the mallet parts). It is actually a pretty awesome timpani part.

• Like 2

To be honest... if the called the show "A Santa Clara Portrait" that may make my day.

To be honest... if the called the show "A Santa Clara Portrait" that may make my day.

Or maybe call the show "A Very Santa Summer"...that way, if something is not working, they can bring out the "Jingle Bells" C1 did a couple of years ago. :santa:

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1

Or maybe call the show "A Very Santa Summer"...that way, if something is not working, they can bring out the "Jingle Bells" C1 did a couple of years ago. :santa:

Mix-and-match show themes... the wave of the future. :tongue: