Carolina Crown 2015

Yes, it would be fantastic, as an alumni, to experience Crown win this year. This, however, is what is more exciting to me, namely the members have been given a championship caliber show. Win a title or not. The designers have not let the members down this year, and, because, the show is a championship show, the members have a design that they can perform to their upmost potential. No staff can expect their members to perform a show to its peak when the design doesn't work. Design and performance have a symbiotic relationship. Very rarely, if ever, can you have one without the other. Please Crown designers and staff, give the members a championship caliber show year after year and no one will be disappointed year in and year out.

Just out of curiosity, which show lately do you feel weren't of "championship" quality? I figure you're gonna say 2013, and I guess 2011 (although that was a REALLY fun show, and probably one of the most memorable). I'm pretty much of the mindset that any show that places in the top 3 or 4, with proper execution, has the potential to be a "championship" show (whether the performance is up to that level is for the judges to decide).

Edited by t-mac

To answer your quesrion t-mac, 2010, 2011, & 2014.

• Like 1

I love crowns show, BUT, am I the only one who really wishes that they had a guard costume change at the end of the show? It just doesn't make sense to me to have a 'good wins' type ending musically, but the guard still looks like flesh demons. The gold silk helps but still something off IMO.

Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I didn't want to skim 213 pages

Ah yes. And no other corps will come CLOSE to entertaining the crowd at all. They will simply DEMAND the judges (via text I guess?) give Crown the gold.

Ah, sarcasm. I love good sarcasm. :augen51:

+++

You raise a good point, and one of the coolest things about finals week as far as I am concerned.

The finals crowd is a very hip crowd, and as a group, without any cheerleading or prompting, they somehow rise up to vocally support one corps over all the others for the win. Friday could be one favorite, but Saturday could be another corps altogether.

That's what was unique about Phantom's amazing Spartacus win in 2008. I saw both Phantom and BD together during the regular season, BD was better than Phantom in every way. But by finals, the crowd had gotten behind Phantom and the judges could not deny the crowd the popular favorite.

Of course I'm speculating, and frankly I poo-poo'd those who weeks ago starting the comparison of Crown to Phantom, but you know what? Those people are starting to look awfully smart.

And I'm willing to admit when I am wrong.

It looks like it will be a photo finish, and as of this writing, nobody knows who will be on top of the podium when the final scores are announced. I think it will be the crowd favorite. :cheer:

I love crowns show, BUT, am I the only one who really wishes that they had a guard costume change at the end of the show? It just doesn't make sense to me to have a 'good wins' type ending musically, but the guard still looks like flesh demons. The gold silk helps but still something off IMO.

Have you seen their guard unis? Doing a uniform change with THOSE is impossible unless they bring a paint bucket with them.

Great minds think alike, General!

See my post "Allow me to write the ending" a couple of pages back. I suggested the demon on top of the ladder at the very end be dressed in a gold suit for the semis ending, and for finals ALL the demons on the ladder get to escape hell wearing gold outfits and head gear.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/161375-carolina-crown-2015/page-211#entry3479401

Edited by wvu80

Does anyone have Crown's schedule for tomorrow (Saturday) in Allentown?